Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Beren Eoath

Revised edition ans Banners of War

10 posts in this topic

The cardboard add-on sheets from Banners of War will be a little different aesthetically, but as said above, the game itself should be fully compatible.  The Revised Edition only changed a few rules from the original game, and none of them should really impact the expansion.  If you get Banners of War, you may have two copies of the Victory cards, but that's not really a big deal.

That's true, Sigma! Although isn't it weird how Banners of War doesn't include a 3D mountain for its mountain border? It's almost like they planned the reivsed edition while making Banners

Lanabound said:

That's true, Sigma! Although isn't it weird how Banners of War doesn't include a 3D mountain for its mountain border? It's almost like they planned the reivsed edition while making Banners

While that's possible, my guess is it wasn't included in Banners of War due to the added cost, and when they were looking to reprint the base game at a cheaper cost, it made sense to get rid of them there as well.

I just picked up the revised eidtion today.

Should I wait and assume a revised expansion will come out? or should I pick up the current banner of wars?  It seems like there is nothing that would change if the expansion was released in a revised edition.

carnage4u said:

I just picked up the revised eidtion today.

Should I wait and assume a revised expansion will come out? or should I pick up the current banner of wars?  It seems like there is nothing that would change if the expansion was released in a revised edition.

The only thing I can see possibly changing if they reprinted Banners of War would be to make the add-on sheets the same cardstock used for the new race sheets.

Aaaargh!

And I'm still not able to play Banners of War … (playing Runewars in Germany and the german edition of Banners of War is scheduled for next march)

… but that's not FFG's fault. ;)

Beren Eoath said:

I also was wondering will there be a revised edition of Banners Of War?

My guess is that future reprints will have the same rules as they do now.