Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bren_Waynero

Excel Character Builder

192 posts in this topic

WOW, this is NICE.  This reminds me of the old Saga Edition "Don't call it a Generator" sheet from the WOTC forums.  Please keep working on this as it is a wonderful tool and very cool.

Thank you,

Duncan

I think the recent forum changes deleted everyone's signiture and profile pic

So how is everyone getting it...? Am I missing something...?

When you select talents from the Force Sensitive Exile talent tree, Quick Draw (Second row exp cost : 10) is replaced by a second Convincing Demeanor.

Edit : Also allow for double motivations. If it was made I didn't see it.

Edited by Naglareph

There's probably a fair bit of Visual Basic in the sheet that would make it hard/improbable to open the file in OpenOffice and expect it to work as is.

New update up and ready.  Here's a link...

SWEotE_CharSheet_1.0.xlsx

I have also updated the link in my signature.

I have not done much testing of all the options.  I was mostly concerned with what I was adding, which seems to be working.  However, it is possible that in making the changes, I broke something else.  Please continue to post any problems you find here and I will try addressing them as time permits.

Primary changes include...

Fixed 'looted' option on Armor & Weapons tab so that it works as a 0 credit expense.

Adjusted Obligation options to allow choosing more options (up to + 20 Obligation).

Core rulebook changes implemented

Put Twi'leks wound threshold back down to 10 + Brawn.  :(

XP costs and layout for Force powers.

Talent tree changes.

Career/Specialization skills adjusted.

Skill names updated.

Adjusted cost of goods.

Added new attachments.

Removed mod options that are no longer allowed.

In response to some of the posts made here recently... 

Tassedar - A customization page/option to further customize gear via talents or GM permission is a great idea.  Not sure how long it will take me to implement, but I will make a note of it as a future project. 

Darkvalkyrie - I have seen the talent display go all N/A before.  I believe this is caused by a talent or SA that is not in the list (or just spelled wrong) the sheet uses to lookup the info.  As I have only included the core species SA's in the list, if you create a custom option, it won't find it.  To fix this, you can unhide the 'Raw Data' tab, and add info for the additional SA at the bottom of the talent section.  You will find the core SA's there already... claws, regeneration, etc. 

vadersson - I got the idea to do this from the old 'Don't Call it a Generator'... That was an amazing piece of work.  I am nowhere near that level of expertise.

thorn & Nashable - Starship sheets are something I also want to do.  But I am going to stick with this for now.  With my limited time to work on this, I will remain focused on correcting any issues here before I start any new sheets.  Also, if an AoR beta book comes out at GenCon, my time would be spent trying to add that info into this one, if possible.

A1istir & Critter - Sorry about the missing links, I was unaware that my signature was lost with the forum change.  But it's back now.  :)

Naglareph - Talent Trees should all be up to date with the Core book now in this release.  Also, on the Obligation/Motivation tab, there is a 'false front motivation' choice... bottom middle I believe.

Sketchpad, DylanRPG, & Kallabecca - Good Question and responses... I grabbed a copy of open office as well to see if it would work, and I had no luck.  I don't know if there is anything I can do to help make it work.  Unfortunately, with limited time availability, trying to figure it out won't be a priority.  Sorry.

vargr, QuietDroid and Critter like this

Bren, about OpenOffice, I'm guessing it's a program compatibility issue and I wouldn't expect you to fix it. I'm more likely to find a different program that will open it properly (and I may take the plunge and go for Microsoft Excel if I really want it).

I am able to open it up in a trial version of Excel, and I can tell that it's an impressive piece of work. Thanks for doing it :)

Bren a bug or not noticed when you take a tallent in the forcs exile tree it dosent make perception and vigilancs career skill on the skills page.

Just grabbed the new file.  Looking really good.  Very impressed with what you have done so far.  I really like that once more experience is added the Attribute modifier section is no longer editable.

Couple suggestions:

1) Add a version number to the Intro tab

2) This might be a preference for me, but it would be easier to find things if the Misc Gear list was sorted.

3) When an item is added to the Misc Gear list the drop downs for Carried and Looted should become white instead of orange?

4) With a mechanic trait tinkerer we should get a hard point list for an item with no hard points natively, ie padded armor.  Maybe the answer is we need to go manually find and change the entry for that item?  This would also allow us to 'mess' with and customize weapons / armor more than could really be accounted for easily by a premade form.

I have not tried this yet but a player told me, "It won't let me pick my second set if specialized skills, and doesn't calculate for armored cloth."

The custom race option allows for this.

ahh OK missed that / would still be nice to have the races included directly though...

The custom race option allows for this.

ahh OK missed that / would still be nice to have the races included directly though...

Well, then start adding them, heheh.

As one of the authors of the Unofficial Species Menagerie, if you want to add them in as a default option (and have both the time and inclination to do so), feel free.

I've been going through the write-ups, and mechanically there's very, very few changes to the species.  Only one that immediately comes to mind is Falleen and their pheromones, which I made into more of an offensive trait, and the Zeltron pheromones being a tad broader in what skills it provides a boost die to.