Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Doc

New POD: NECROMANCERS!

59 posts in this topic

If any of you are interested (and even if you're not), I'll probably do up the 1e and 2e careers that are incomplete (hunter of the dead, grave robber, etc.) and post them to RPGGeek as a LINK to this product.

Any requests?

jh

Yes I too thought wow great, but then $20.00???

Looking at the entire POD line, nothing is this pricey.  Even the Mansions of Madness ones (I believe they also have different card sizes) are $15.00.

I'd probably pay the 20$ for it, but 38$ shipping & handling  to Germany? This will have to wait until retailers in Europe have this in stock.

Up until then, any party member meddling with the dark arts will be hunted down by Eisenfels, my NPC Witch Hunter who suspects the characters anyhow. After all, they always happen to be where the cults and the corruption are. A positive correlation - and we all know that that's as good as causation! ;-)

That is pricey, but i guess (and it is a guess) v3 doesn't move the numbers to justify more competative prices.  Pleased to see them expanding the POD range as I was expecting silence after TEW2.

I'm going to join in with the general sense of slow dread that everyone is feeling over this release, timely as it is coming after TEW so quickly, I think we'll all be a lot happier when we see a boxed supplement coming out, but that "when" is really an "if" now.

I would probably get if I found myself with an influx of cash, though I have a few other things I'd like to get my hands on first.

"I'd probably pay the 20$ for it, but 38$ shipping & handling  to Germany? This will have to wait until retailers in Europe have this in stock."

Or until Miniature Market and similar stores stock it - shipping will be $10-15 then :)

"they always happen to be where the cults and the corruption are. A positive correlation - and we all know that that's as good as causation! ;-)"
I call it "adventurer omelette".

Then wait till the Heidelberger Spieleverlag have translated them, or join on a massorder in the www.altewelt.net forum to germany as usual.

Well tranlation might need some time. First batch of the Sigmar, Shallya and Dreadfleet Cards will be on sale End February, begin March as they want to finish Winds of Magic first.

No slow dread from me. I think this is awesome. The price is too high, and it might well put me off of buying it for longer than I'd like, but it's not like it's going to go out of print.

I was expecting this to be the Morr expansion POD, but I was stoked to see they're trying somethign new.

I don't mind the price so much, means it'll cost €18 in my LGS. Ok, TEW2 took a while to come out, but that doesn't mean anything by itself. If they announce another box and it's delayed too, then maybe it's time to worry a little

I hope it includes at least necromantic spells of rank higher than 3. I know there is someone there preparing some homebrew material for dark magic and necromantic magic, but he has not said anything for a long time :(

I agree, it is a bit much, and I also hope that it contains spells up to or above rank 3.  Early in my WFRP 1st ed experience I had the most fun playing a Demonologist.  I hope this meens that we will see a Demonologist pack soon!  While Im not big on additional Locations, Mutation etc, I would love to see some of the darker careers, high rank dark spells/Blessings.  We could also see career card sized books say about 25 pgs on very focused subject matter. Color or not ,who cares as long at the material is well written?   As mentioned by others I would like to see many of the other careers paths expanded to include advanced, Elite, and Heroic levels.

gmanjkd said:

I agree, it is a bit much, and I also hope that it contains spells up to or above rank 3.  Early in my WFRP 1st ed experience I had the most fun playing a Demonologist.  I hope this meens that we will see a Demonologist pack soon!  While Im not big on additional Locations, Mutation etc, I would love to see some of the darker careers, high rank dark spells/Blessings.  We could also see career card sized books say about 25 pgs on very focused subject matter. Color or not ,who cares as long at the material is well written?   As mentioned by others I would like to see many of the other careers paths expanded to include advanced, Elite, and Heroic levels.

Not sure how a Demonlogist would work out the way magic works now,  But i did love the Elementalist with the various elementals.

I was fiddling about with shipping on Miniature Market to order some cards, and I prepared a bunch. The first-class price was fine. Total still amounted to far less than the goods would cost from the LGS. Ordered, shipped and received in less than a week. All is well, right?

Then I checked prices on other items I know are small and light after the order arrived. Suddenly first-class wasn't available. This also happened to other sites, including FFG's store. So there was a USPS API screw-up recently which made only the more expensive expedited shipping available, doubling the price (or worse). Now things are back to normal, and I can once again choose first-class on MM, and I checked the store here again. Also available there. A couple of PODs for $18 worth of shipping, rather than $40.

So check shipping again if you're in Europe!

Sebashaw said:

It would be interesting a returning to the 1° edition of the content.

Yes, that's one of the thing that I miss - the content from WFRP 1e. But the licence from GW forbids such things, GW would have to allow of a come back of contents - especialy Malal or forgotten Gods would be fun.

Sebashaw said:

It would be interesting a returning to the 1° edition of the content.

What content in particular?  The character content for 1e was simply primordial in content.  When I look back the main content that I would long for is maybe some of the chaos presentation and the "greasy-evilness" of the spells.

jh

So my copy of the on arrived today. Have to say I am very pleased. Spells up through rank 4 (necros are advaced, so you cant start as one). Really like the bound goul. One of my players really want to play as one now. Oh and the grave warden has an awesome ability.

I'm also curious what are the abilities. It has to be good becouse Yopu have to pay for them a lot wioth shippint to Europe it's twice the cost. And it's a 20$ POD so it has to be special.

I got my copy yesterday.

Necromancy spells, 2 necromancer classes, 1 ghoul pet with Pact abilities (Talent cards for the pet). Grave Warden. Cant remember what the career ability cards are but.

The Grave Warden skill I like is the one where they can use anything as a weapon.  Shovel power is all i can say.

Gravedigger

I just noticed that the Grave Warden can't use the action card with his picture on it on the announcement…

Otherwise, here is the pre-gen character that I uploaded to RPGGeek for completion of the Liber Fanatica 7 pregen article:

pic1548338_lg.png