Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Toqtamish

Reach of the Kraken Preview

28 posts in this topic

I just logged in to nitpick on a card title I saw in a preview.

"Fleet from Lysene". Hopefully they write it correctly. Either "Fleet from Lys" since the name of the city is Lys, or "Lysene Fleet" as you would call someone/something from Lys.

1000thCommander said:

I just logged in to nitpick on a card title I saw in a preview.

"Fleet from Lysene". Hopefully they write it correctly. Either "Fleet from Lys" since the name of the city is Lys, or "Lysene Fleet" as you would call someone/something from Lys.

The card is called "Fleet from Lys" on the printed cards.

stormwolf27 said:

I understand this, and I don't typically have bad setups (there's that one game in about 40 where my characters retreat to the middle of the deck, but it happens). My point is there's too much risk of not drawing anything that can allow you to get something out of the hold at the moment. There will be, I'm sure, more options later, but for this first CP, I think this agenda will sit by the wayside for a bit. I'm just underwhelmed at its current playability. Perhaps FFG should have waited a couple packs to fill a CP slot with this one.

If you want to get a naval icon, you will. It just depends on how much you want it. If you have 9 characters with a naval icon in your deck, you have a 90% chance of drawing one on the first turn (with a 4 card set-up). If you have 6 (which every deck can currently do) you have a 78.6% chance. This can be extrapolated out to say that you have a 95.4% chance of having a naval icon in the top 13 cards or bottom 13 cards. This means that if you are running Naval Reinforcements, it is extremely unlikely (<5% chance) to not have a naval icon in hand during the Marshalling phase of the first turn to take advantage of the agenda's ability.