Sign in to follow this  
Dia4

ATTENTION ALL AGOT LCG PLAYERS IN THE NJ, PA, AND NYC AREAS!

I AM FERVENTLY TRYING TO ASSEMBLE ANYONE IN OR AROUND THE NJ, PA, AND NYC BECAUSE IT HAS COME TO MY ATTENTION THAT THE STORE HOSTING LAST YEARS REGIONAL IN NJ WILL NOT BE DOING SO THIS YEAR. I LOVE THIS GAME AND DO NOT WANT TO SEE IT GO WITH OUT A REGIONAL IN THIS AREA SO ANYONE WHO WOULD BE INTERESTED TO MAKING THE TRIP TO HAMILTON, NEW JERSEY PLEASE LET ME KNOW ASAP I AM TRYING TO DEVELOP A PLAYER BASE SO I CAN APPLY TO HOST THE REGIONAL BEFORE THE END OF THE MONTH. THERE IS A COMMUNITY CENTER NEARBY WE COULD USE AND I ALSO KNOW OF A LOCAL HOBBY SHOP THAT WOULD LOVE TO HOST. PLEASE CONTACT ME AS SOON AS YOU READ THIS. 

Awesome! This is all great news. So what are the dates the DC and NYC metas are planning to have their regionals so I can request a Date of no conflict. I will be requesting a Saturday or Sunday but would like it to be at least 2 weeks away from either regional to maximize potential attendance. 

I plan on requesting a weekend in late May or early June for a Hartford, CT/New England regional myself.  2 hours between NYC, Boston, and Albany baby!

Dia said:

Awesome! This is all great news. So what are the dates the DC and NYC metas are planning to have their regionals so I can request a Date of no conflict. I will be requesting a Saturday or Sunday but would like it to be at least 2 weeks away from either regional to maximize potential attendance. 

dc requested june 22nd with the weekend b4 and after as 2nd and 3rd choices.

Vaapad said:

NYC is looking at 4/20, but obviously not set in stone yet

Oof thats the weekend after DoIaF. Gunna force out of towners to choose between the two. At least I know i wont be able to be out of town 2 consecutuve weekends.

dcdennis said:

Vaapad said:

NYC is looking at 4/20, but obviously not set in stone yet

Oof thats the weekend after DoIaF. Gunna force out of towners to choose between the two. At least I know i wont be able to be out of town 2 consecutuve weekends.

yeah, there was some discussion of that being an issue, and perhaps we will renew it.  Dennis, would having an off weekend and then our event on 4/27 make a difference in your eyes?  I'm not sure how possible that is on our end, but we can see.

it would for me yes, mainly because i promised my wife that i would not leave her home alone with a dog and a baby on consecutive weekends during regionals season. So i will never be able to go to 2 in a row. However in interest of full disclosure if i was forced to choose (btw DoIaF and NYC regional) i would probably pick NYC just for cost and company. EDIT: And for a chance at Black Friday vengeance!

dcdennis said:

it would for me yes, mainly because i promised my wife that i would not leave her home alone with a dog and a baby on consecutive weekends during regionals season. So i will never be able to go to 2 in a row. However in interest of full disclosure if i was forced to choose (btw DoIaF and NYC regional) i would probably pick NYC just for cost and company. EDIT: And for a chance at Black Friday vengeance!

Vengeance indeed!  I need to exact some payback for the thrashing you handed me in the first around!

To all interested in the NJ Regional I, believe it has been pushed back to the 26th. I am currently awaiting conformation on this. More details to come this week.

Really?  Announcing a date change one week away?  To Memorial Day Sunday?  You may lose your NYC group if you change; I know I can't make the 26th.

Yes we took into account the fact that memorial day would be too hectic and such short notice i am awaiting a decision from store owner between either 6/2 or 6/9. It was never supposed to be the 19th. The change was due to some miscommunication between FFG, the store owner and myself, and FFG had informed me that it was too late to change it on the website so they will take it down and it is up to myself to promote it. This is my first time trying to put together a tournament of any kind but that is no excuse and I still take full responsibility for the circumstances. I greatly apologize to anyone who made plans around this date i will have the concrete date within 48 hours. 

Again I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused I realize many AGOT players travel for these regionals and make plans in advance. I will be much more diligent about planning and promoting this event from here on out.