Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The_Brown_Bomber

What new pilot skills would you like to see in future X-Wing expansions?

32 posts in this topic

Picasso said:

I was thinking of Wes as a Y-wing pilot.  Which is why I went with the extra attack die.  You can't give more attack dice to X-wings!  That is crazy talk.  Also in the Comics he was a crack shot with a turret.  

I think Zev and Hobbie would make great pilots to add as well.  A genaric Rouge Squadron pilot would be awesome.  I'd make it just like a red squad but with the ability to take an upgrade.

Zev and Hobbie were great pilots so abilities that would let them take an evade token or have banks be green manuvers would be cool.

I'd also like to see more R2 units.  

Id like to see an R2 droid that boost for front deflector shields for a turn, not sure what the drawback would be as its sorta like an evasive action so i guess you would expect to use your action or take a stress token perhaps?

how about a pilot skill upgrade skill like

Sqaudron Leader: (cost 4) select two pilots of the same ship type who do not have a pilot skill and given them the pilot skill icon in ther upgrade bar.

be kinda cool to give lesser pilots a pilot skill upgarde each.

Picasso said:

A genaric Rouge Squadron pilot would be awesome.  I'd make it just like a red squad but with the ability to take an upgrade.

Totally! Honestly, I am completely anticipating this pilot card to come out with a repainted X-wing expansion, which is why I haven't purchased two core sets yet. I have three X-wings and am saving the fourth slot for the inevitable X-wing Expansion V. 2.

Ship modification: Increased Payload (cost 6): secondary weapons are not discarded, and may be used again.

This has to have a high cost, like 5 or 6. Wouldn't that be an interesting card to toss around?

hothie said:

Ship modification: Increased Payload (cost 6): secondary weapons are not discarded, and may be used again.

This has to have a high cost, like 5 or 6. Wouldn't that be an interesting card to toss around?

wow, pretty powerful. maybe just a second use only? could have a slwoing affect on your movement?

If it's only for a second use, then the cost should be less than 6, maybe 4 or 5. I could see that restriction, though. Maybe something like:

Increased Payload (cost 5): A secondary weapon with the words "discard this card" is not discarded after its first use. Instead, it may be used only 1 more time before being discarded.