Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ZehnWaters

Who all here is from the old Wizards of the Coast Boards?

42 posts in this topic

I'm clearly ZehnWaters from those old boards (my screen name stays the same almost everywhere I go (I'm ZehnBrooks on one board)).  Who all has imported from the OCR/RCR/Saga Edition?

I was Stormtrooper on the WotC boards. I played a lot of Star Wars Minis and still do. I didn't play much of Saga edition RPG as I still prefered West End Games' D6 Star Wars system. I haven't yet made a judgement about this Star Wars RPG version.

I'm from there (same name). I didn't play much Saga, though I have all the books and countless minis. I'm a diehard WEG-holdout (I go way back to swrpgnetwork.com, starwarsrpg.net, and even Empress Jae's mailing list), and I'm addicted to Star Wars RPGs in general and love what FFG is doing with the license, compared to WotC. Only time will tell if FFG tops WEG in my eyes…

For the record, I immediately recognized you guys' names, as well! :)

Sturn also a long time ago in a forum far far away. It's been so long I don't think I would recognize anyone at all sorry. I was hanging around there when SAGA first came out. Was pretty vocal at the time when SAGA was being formed and spit out some playaids.

Aren't the old wizard SAGA forums missing from a certain point in the past (and further back)? I went searching once for an old post I had made regarding a hope that the upcoming 4th editon d20 would take note of what SAGA had done and wished I could get a copy, but failed to find it.

I was over on the WotC boards for a while, under this very handle, and even contributed on a regular basis, but the whine to content ratio took too much of a nose dive for me to continue posting over there, especially once the D20 Radio forums got up and rolling.

Guess this includes me (TildenThorne on the old boards)…

IG-58 said:

I was Imperator58 on the WotC boards. You'll see Hothie here periodically, too.

Hey I remember you Imperator! I don't recall if that is a good or bad thing though. :)

I've appeared on the WotC forums during SE times, not before that I think - maybe I did, maybe I didn't, not sure. I am Jegergryte, and I will forever be Jegergryte - until some new nick is required. Which has happened once before, in the mid-90s.

I used to be on the WOTC boards, though I mostly posted in the Miniatures forum.

I also post as Sithspawn on SWRPGHolonet.

Eli the Tanner here (of the same name on the WotC boards), My group and I have just got the beginner box to try our hand at this rather intriguing version. We played the RCR and Saga edition fairly extensively so hopefully this one keeps us hooked too.

-Eli

Rarely posted but lurked there, like here, for years lol

Im really hoping this version scratches my Star Wars itch, I really like Saga but I'm soured on d20 and it doesn't quite fit the feel.

Did they wipe clean the old member database over there? I tried logging under my old email and password, but could not. I also noticed there was no option to select the usual "Forgot password?", even though that was not the case anyway.

Sturn said:

Did they wipe clean the old member database over there? I tried logging under my old email and password, but could not. I also noticed there was no option to select the usual "Forgot password?", even though that was not the case anyway.

I believe the WotC Star Wars boards have been archived. You can read some of it, and some have disappeared, but not post anymore. And depending on how long it has been maybe your username was closed.

Lurked a lot.  Didn't post much.  (In fact, I posted so little that I don't even remember my forum name from over there.)

Been so long since I was on WOTC forums dont recall what my screen name was. Good to recognize some of the old folks from WOTC here. Boy does it feel good to be back in action in a all new Star Wars RPG.