Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Toqtamish

The Hoth Cycle - What We Know So Far

121 posts in this topic

XWing32 said:

According to my local comic book shop's distributer they are saying that the desolation of hoth force pack will be shipping on tuesday and arriving on thursday. I hope that is true =).  Also  there is a pre-order on amazon saying march 15th.. http://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Lcg-Desolation-Force/dp/1616613823/ref=sr_1_1?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1363008073&sr=1-1&keywords=Desolation+of+Hoth+Force+Pack

Either way I would estimate this should be released this week but definetly next week at the latest ( I hope).

It shipped out last week on the 4th. Should begin arriving in stores any time now.

Yup that is the case =). I just called CoolStuff and they are getting the first forcepack between now and Wed of this week. Wahoo! As for the second force pack the date is still in April or is this coming this month as well.. Someone mentioned earlier that it is 'off the boat'.

XWing32 said:

Yup that is the case =). I just called CoolStuff and they are getting the first forcepack between now and Wed of this week. Wahoo! As for the second force pack the date is still in April or is this coming this month as well.. Someone mentioned earlier that it is 'off the boat'.

Nope, the 2nd one is still "On the Boat."  It should be in stores in April.

here is my list so far. The Orange ones i am not sure. The rest is a logical consequence from the spoilers.

0178 2 37 1   A Message from Beyond Objective Jedi
    37 2        
    37 3        
    37 4   Old Ben's Spirit Enhance Jedi
    37 5        
    37 6        
0182 2 38 1   Hoth Operations Objective Rebel Alliance
0183   38 2 * Wedge Antilles Unit Rebel Alliance
0184   38 3 * Rogue Three Unit Rebel Alliance
0185   38 4   Snowspeeder Unit Rebel Alliance
0186   38 5   Hoth Survival Gear Enhance Rebel Alliance
0186   38 6   Hoth Survival Gear    
0187 1 39 1   Echo Base Defense Objective Light Side
0188   39 2   Wilderness Fighters Unit Light Side
0188   39 3   Wilderness Fighters    
0188   39 4   Wilderness Fighters    
0189   39 5   Subzero Defense Enhance Light Side
0189   39 6   Subzero Defense    
0190 2 40 1   The Killing Cold Objective Sith
    40 2        
    40 3        
    40 4        
    40 5   The Desolation of Hoth Event Sith
    40 6        
0194 2 41 1     Objective Imperial Navy
0195   41 2 * Darth Vader Unit Imperial Navy
0196   41 3     Unit  
0197   41 4   Probe Droid Unit Dark Side
    41 5        
    41 6        
0199 1 42 1   Shadows on the Ice Objective Dark Side
    42 2        
    42 3        
    42 4        
    42 5        
0202   42 6   Battle of Hoth Fate Dark Side

With Desolation of Hoth in-hand, we can sort of look at the other cards that have been previewed and get a better idea of where they fit into the puzzle.

I think some exciting things coming up are "General Veers" in the 5th pack (Walkers and Troopers gain a Unit damage), if you pair him with Vader, things might get a bit crazy.

I think Rebels players are going to be pretty sad with the next pack, since we've seen the entire objective set they receive and it doesn't really fit with the objective set in the first pack, it's good that there's variety within the affiliation but it's like having 2 links of a chain without the one that connects them together…

The Rebel Pod from the 2nd force pack with Rebel Fleet has potential to lock the DS out of attacking objectives with non vehicle units.  Granted, against vehicle decks its worthless but with the new Vader it will shut that deck down without tear this ship apart.  

I'm really hoping the next pack makes a Killing Cold + Looking for Droids deck viable. Killing Cold + Viper Probe Droid = muwahaha. Just need a couple more Hoth Objectives.

From the Search for Skywalker article, it sounds like the Light Side is getting three objectives (and thus the Dark Side two):

"The Search for Skywalker allows the light side to select from three new Hoth objectives, including Sensors Are Placed (The Search for Skywalker, 203)."

The post on the first page has those numbers reversed. 

doctormungmung said:

From the Search for Skywalker article, it sounds like the Light Side is getting three objectives (and thus the Dark Side two):

"The Search for Skywalker allows the light side to select from three new Hoth objectives, including Sensors Are Placed (The Search for Skywalker, 203)."

The post on the first page has those numbers reversed. 

Fixed and updated with what little we could glean on Escape from Hoth.

With Desolation of Hoth in-hand, we can sort of look at the other cards that have been previewed and get a better idea of where they fit into the puzzle.

I think some exciting things coming up are "General Veers" in the 5th pack (Walkers and Troopers gain a Unit damage), if you pair him with Vader, things might get a bit crazy.

I think Rebels players are going to be pretty sad with the next pack, since we've seen the entire objective set they receive and it doesn't really fit with the objective set in the first pack, it's good that there's variety within the affiliation but it's like having 2 links of a chain without the one that connects them together…

While I agree with you on on Veers and what amazingly evil things AT-ATs will be doing when they hit the table (And how big a smile I will have on my face when they do it! : D )   I can't say that I agree with you on the rebels.  

I think Sensors are placed has its fair share of synergy with Hoth Operations.  Echo base essentially brings your total Hoth objective count to 4 (If you already have 3 Hoth objectives in play) and with Wilderness fighters on the board, your looking at a beefy unit trained to kill and sneak some objective damage in when the edge is yours.  

Cards in Sensors are Placed also combo with Hoth Survival Gear, making pretty much any character you control tough as nails. Enhance those wilderness fighters to potentially bring them to a 6 DC or maybe even 10 (Enhanced with X2 Survival Gear.) if your lucky enough.

Same goes for Echo Base Defenders.  If you control 4 Hoth Objectives (Remember Echo Base) its getting 4 edge enabled unit damage, plus suit em up in some Hoth survival gear and your looking at another 6 DC unit.  

And don't forget about subzero defenses which helps tremendoulsy. (and much more when those Walkers begin thier advance)  This card makes your opponent plan his attack carefully, becuase he know he's going to loose the first unit when it strikes, then he has to face down some really tough rebel units.

With all this amazing defense and staying power, it gets better when you damage the Shield Generators to shield (no pun intended) a unit or objective.  Now those wilderness fighters and Echo Base Defenders have shields! 

With all this comming from just 2 rebel Objective sets, I am very eager to see what the rest of this cycle is going to bring for the rebels.  I'm very glad they previewed this set early and in its entirety.  

Nothing about the Rebels in "The Search for Skywalker" is making me sad.  

My guess would be Set 44 is a Smuggler, and 45 a LS Neutral. Also i think 64 is a Jedi-Set, because it seems they don't get very much in this cycle.

some more infos from the previews:

47 ?   Scum (Gathering at Jabbas Palace)
48 ?   Rebels (Renegade Squadron)
57 ?   Scum (Black Sun)

52? Scum? (Gotal Suvivors)

this could conclude in this:

37    Jedi
38    Rebels
39    LS Neutral
40    Sith
41    Imperial
42    DS Neutral
43    Rebels
44    Smuggler
45    LS Neutral
46    Imperial
47    Scum
48    Rebels
49    Smuggler
50    Sith
51    Imperial
52    Scum
53    Jedi
54    Smuggler
55    LS Neutral
56    Imperial
57    Scum
58    DS Neutral
59    Rebels
60    Smuggler
61    LS Neutral
62    Imperial
63    DS Neutral
64    Jedi
65    Rebels
66    Sith
67    Scum
68    DS Neutral

Jedi 3x2    
Rebels 5x2    
Smuggler 4x2    
LS Neutral 2x2+2x1    
Sith 4x2    
Imperial 5x2    
DS Neutral 1x2+2x1    

The Gas said:

I wonder if we'll ever see faction-specific limited pods.  So far they're all neutral, yes?

So far they're all neutral, but nothing in the rules would prohibit them from making faction-specific limited objective sets.

i thought i had changed that:

62    Sith
63    Imperial

63 is definitiv Imperial, so 62 can only be Sith

Updated with:

dark-card-fan.png

and:

The Search for Skywalker, and with its arrival, they’ll find new options opening up for their Smugglers and Spies, as well as their Scum and Villainy decks.

In the Preview of A Dark Time they mention the Renegade Squadron.This could be the Rebel Set, but maybe its the Smugglers, because its a squadron of former Smugglers. Col Serra should be the first unit, as he is the leader of the Renegade Squadron.

As we now know that Renegade Squadron are Smugglers and not Rebels, the mentioned Renegades in Dark Time will be Smugglers as well. That means that objective 48 is again open for Jedi or Rebels. When it is Jedi, then every LS faction would get 4 Objectives. That would make sense.

When I update my list above we have:

Jedi 4x2
Rebels 4x2
Smuggler 4x2
LS Neutral 2x2+2x1
Sith 4x2
Imperial 5x2
Scum 4x2
DS Neutral 1x2+2x1