Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Awesomeness

Anyone use this setting? Please?

4 posts in this topic

So I have been fascinated with Dawnforge since the first time I saw it.  Unfortunately, I have noticed that no one else seems to share the feeling.  Does anyone use the setting in any form, or with any system?  I have been thinking about a game using the GURPS rules and would love to bounce ideas off of someone and share notes.  Anyone out there with similar intentions or an already established game?  I think this may be the best, unused setting out there.  The writing itself is worth a look.  And the world bleeds with adventure ideas and hooks.  Needless to say, I love it and have been terribly disapointed that it hasn't gotten more attention.

Yes, I believe it is indeed a great setting. Used to have the books but ultimately sold them since I saw no real opportunity to ever play them. Other systems or settings kept coming up which were more interesting or appealing to my core gamer circle. I toyed around with the idea of starting a campaign but it never came to pass. Might be worth re-invigorating DAWNFORGE for 5E since the latest D&D scion is sorely lacking alternative campaign worlds and third party support imho.

GURPS, however, is off my radar.

I bought this setting when it first came out. Still havent run it or played in it but its on my bucket list. Great idea for a campaign.