Sign in to follow this  
Toqtamish

AGoT Sleeves

LordofBrewtown said:

Long overdue.  That said - if those are the sleeves, very dissapointed in the coloring for Baratheon,  and Stark should be a white background.  

ya this. I can appreciate the artistic look they were going for, and im sure many people will dig it, but its not for me, looks like someone spent a lot of time making mspaint thrones scenes.

Just remember that they're using the HBO sigil designs, so they were probably pretty well hampered in what they could do because of HBO needing to approve.

That said, there is one thing that will disappoint me about them. Looking at them, I love that kind of canvas textured look. I just know I'll be disappointed when they turn out to not actually be canvas.

I like them. The weathered colors do a good job of communicating the tone of the books and TV series. I do wonder whether Martell will be following, once that House's crest is revealed in the show. If so, it's going to feel very lonely, unless paired with more (A)GoT designs.

Kennon said:

That said, there is one thing that will disappoint me about them. Looking at them, I love that kind of canvas textured look. I just know I'll be disappointed when they turn out to not actually be canvas.

Exactly. I really like the look…

Warren12 said:

So there are six sleeves, but no Martell.  FFG, I am disappoint.

So was I. Then I remembered that they psecifically said that these were from the HBO series, and Martell hasn't appeared in the show yet, so no Martell… yet.

Though, interestingly enough, there are some Martell products in the HBO web store, so they aren't completely against including them in some way. I wonder why we didn't get them in the sleeves. Since Martell and Lannister are my two favorite houses, it is a little disappointing.