Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Keffisch

First strike 100pt Black Squadron variant

5 posts in this topic

Because these are the only ships I have at the moment (Can't wait for the Interceptors to come out)

Total Squad Points: 100

Pilot: "Howlrunner"
Tie Fighter (18)
Upgrades:

• Stealth (3)

Pilot: Darth Vader
Tie Advanced x1 (29)
Upgrades:

• Swarm Tactics (2)

Pilot: Black Squadron Pilot 1
Tie Fighter (14)
Upgrades:

• Swarm Tactics (2)

Pilot: Black Squadron Pilot 2
Tie Fighter (14)
Upgrades:

• Swarm Tactics (2)

Pilot: Black Squadron Pilot 3
Tie Fighter (14)
Upgrades:

• Swarm Tactics (2)

Howlrunner, just because of the reroll, she is also the last (where applicable) to get PS 9 from the daisy chain.

What do you think?

A squad with chained Swarm Tactics is one of the very few 5-ship Imperial squads I like in Wave 1. However, in your place I would swap one of the Black Squadron Pilots for Backstabber--a firing order of 9/9/9/9/8 isn't substantially worse than 9/9/9/9/9, and (depending on the pilot) it's worth picking up Backstabber's offensive benefit.

That sounds like fun. I might try out a variant of this list myself this weekend. I don't have a stealth card, and while I'm not against home proxies of cards, I am kind of waiting for the fun of trying out the new ships and abilities when I get them in.

So if I swap out one Black Squad for an academy, and then put the Swarm card on Howlrunner, I have room for a missile still at 99 points.

Total Squad Points: 99

Pilot: "Howlrunner"
Tie Fighter (18)
Upgrades:

• Swarm Tactics (2)

Pilot: Darth Vader
Tie Advanced x1 (29)
Upgrades:

• Swarm Tactics (2)
  • Concussion Missiles (4)

Pilot: Academy Pilot 1
Tie Fighter (12)
Upgrades:

• No Upgrades Selected

Pilot: Black Squadron Pilot 1
Tie Fighter (14)
Upgrades:

• Swarm Tactics (2)

Pilot: Black Squadron Pilot 2
Tie Fighter (14)
Upgrades:

• Swarm Tactics (2)

Vorpal Sword said:

A squad with chained Swarm Tactics is one of the very few 5-ship Imperial squads I like in Wave 1. However, in your place I would swap one of the Black Squadron Pilots for Backstabber--a firing order of 9/9/9/9/8 isn't substantially worse than 9/9/9/9/9, and (depending on the pilot) it's worth picking up Backstabber's offensive benefit.

Good call on Backstabber, hadn't thought of that, consider him subbed in. Thanks!

@magadizer

That sounds like a very fun variant, allowing Vader to pack some more punch - proper Sith Lord'ish. :)

Keffisch said:

Vorpal Sword said:

Good call on Backstabber, hadn't thought of that, consider him subbed in. Thanks!

@magadizer

That sounds like a very fun variant, allowing Vader to pack some more punch - proper Sith Lord'ish. :)

Also it makes for a more fluffy list as Howlrunner is actually Obsidian Leader while Backstabber is one of Vader's wingmen in Black Squadron