Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Full Doom Track

Full Doom Track: Episode #3 - Choose First Player

17 posts in this topic

Greater improvements from the first podcast, indeed. Good summary, Eric on the show, and I'm glad you're still supporting Joe's project, which is terrific, through a discete ad :-) And honestly, I do prefer your podcast over tons of reviews heard over the internet done by people with an approssimate knowledge of the game (sadly, I'm looking at you too, Tom Vasal). You know what you're talking about, and it's a pleasure listening

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks, FullDoomTrack and Julia! 

     We're very pleased with the response we've received these past few months, but I'm frankly surprised that requesting feedback has the same result as conducting surveys…a 15% response-rate is considered "outstanding" ~ so, I should be quite happy.

Cheers!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I too want to say how much I'm enjoying this show.  It's smooth, informative and I'm finding it very useful.

Julia, I don't get the knock on Tom Vassel.  His show is excellent and accomplishes its goals brilliantly.  It is an amazing feat to carry out a 1 1/2+ show week after week year after year.

Of note for all Arkham residents.  I hope everyone is aware of the great H.P. Lovecraft Literary Podcast.  Every Lovecraft story is throughly disected and many also have readings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


The Old Man said:



Julia, I don't get the knock on Tom Vassel.  His show is excellent and accomplishes its goals brilliantly.  It is an amazing feat to carry out a 1 1/2+ show week after week year after year.





Maybe it's just me seeing the wrong parts of his shows, don't know. But from what I've seen so far, he didn't make a great impression on me. Wrong names for the cards, lack of knowledge on what he's talking about, plus some major "fumbles" like "I'm presenting this accessory, it's cool, it's useful, hey, how do I get to stuck the token in the accessory?" (following a series of fumble of the token on the table and on the floor) and then "well, maybe, you don't need this, but hey, it's cozy". Is this a review?



But, as I said, maybe he's better than this, and I was only unlucky with the choice of what I had seen so far


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

“What manner of Yog-Sothothery is this?!”  Indeed!  Nightgaunts are just that baffling, I guess.

Thanks for championing the oft-scoffed Kingsport!  I am also a big fan of the non-dilutable, mellow town.  My Cultists love to get up there for some lower-stress Encounter runs while still achieving a purpose (Rift Management).  Epic Final Battles are fantastic!  And Arkham-Kingsport-only games play differently than any other kind of game: all the Gate activity is focused back in Arkham, but unlike the old base-game-only stagnation of yore, Gate Bursts—add in Lurker or Black Goat for even more of them!—and newer, nastier Mythos cards keep everything unpredictable.  Never do I have more Monster Surges than in an AH-KH-only game!  Choke those Streets with Terror!

I still say that Nyarlathotep is an “easier” starting Ancient One than Yig—longer, slower Doom Track, Cultists aren’t so ugly, Masks are rare enough to be fun instead of nasty—but since you had a segment on Final Battles, and most Yig games end with those, I guess I’ll roll with the linked theme. complice

Great session!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Julia said:

The Old Man said:

 

Julia, I don't get the knock on Tom Vassel.  His show is excellent and accomplishes its goals brilliantly.  It is an amazing feat to carry out a 1 1/2+ show week after week year after year.

 

 

Maybe it's just me seeing the wrong parts of his shows, don't know. But from what I've seen so far, he didn't make a great impression on me. Wrong names for the cards, lack of knowledge on what he's talking about, plus some major "fumbles" like "I'm presenting this accessory, it's cool, it's useful, hey, how do I get to stuck the token in the accessory?" (following a series of fumble of the token on the table and on the floor) and then "well, maybe, you don't need this, but hey, it's cozy". Is this a review?

But, as I said, maybe he's better than this, and I was only unlucky with the choice of what I had seen so far

I do watch his reviews, but it's The Dice Tower (audio) Podcast that I think is so excellent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Old Man said:

I do watch his reviews, but it's The Dice Tower (audio) Podcast that I think is so excellent.

Uh, ok, I take your point, I'll try to listen to a couple of them, then!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great job! Now you've covered Dunwich and Kingsport, so… is Innsmouth next? And when you talked about some of the Q&A's in the FAQ, I was just waiting for the Nighgaunt question. =P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As a matter of fact, Innsmouth may NOT be the next expansion I cover.  I'm completing my playthrough of it tonight (some friends and I are going to try and take down Quachil) and at this point, I've drawn the same 10 IH Mythos cards in the past three games, in different order.  I'm starting to think this expansion is enchanted.

 

Thank you for the kind words!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was thinking along the lines of eiterorm when you mentioned the FAQ ~ there are a few rules which made us collectively scratch our heads, but not one as curious as those dealing with the Nightgaunt.  In addition to the "questions" which were asked by the fact, you could certainly discuss the hot topics which the site has failed to 'sticky' such as "which is the first expansion I should get?" and many more.

Again, a great episode as always ~ it was great to add another 'venue' to where I've 'seen' Grudunza.  I've read Eric's posts and of course, watched his videos,as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Doom Track" keeps getting better and better! Here's some "feedback"…

I too am a "Kingsport Horror" fan- glad to hear someone else loves this expansion. I'm really tired of the way people knock Kingsport all the time, just because it's all stable locations and monsters seldom venture there. Eihort is one of my fav AOs, and Yibb-T is the one I love to hate the most.

Glad you're discussing fan-made stuff as well.

My only "complaint" (if you wanna call it that) is that the Podcast isn't very spooky. A non-English speaker would think it's a podcast about gardening or something, not about a game full of demons, insanity, and the Doom of the world. Then again, maybe you deliberately chose to avoid the "howling wind- Muwahahaha!" type stuff…

Can't wait for #4!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fake Ghost Pirate said:

My only "complaint" (if you wanna call it that) is that the Podcast isn't very spooky. A non-English speaker would think it's a podcast about gardening or something, not about a game full of demons, insanity, and the Doom of the world. Then again, maybe you deliberately chose to avoid the "howling wind- Muwahahaha!" type stuff…

I'm very happy with it.  I want clean, clear delivery.  Don't need spook house sounds and "scary music."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the kind words guys!  It is ALWAYS nice to hear/read feedback from folks about what they like and dislike!  It's been hard to respond to the forums, or anything for that matter, due to my recent trip to the beach!  We headed out to Santa Barbara and watched the waves (no I didn't get in, it's not the sharks or the cold, it's Cthulhu himself)!  Anyways, there was this basement in the house we were staying at with a workbench that was the perfect size for the game, so yes, I played Arkham at the beach!

 

I'll take a moment to address the spooky theme here by mentioning a few things.  Firstly, I think the 'cast could use a bit more "spook".  I'm fairly limited in my musical choices at the moment due to funding issues (college is a money sink), but I'm actually quite satisfied with the music at this point.  At some point down the road I'll be looking to spice things up a bit in the music department.  As far as actual spooky segments, I have some ideas that are bouncing around in my head that are going into the planning stages targetted at unknown (as yet) future episodes.  These could add some spook to the cast as well.

 

As always, thanks for listening!  EP4 is coming soon!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FDT,

      Don't know if you saw my e-mail regarding the interview, but I saw you out here and thought it best to follow-up with you through another medium.

Cheers!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0