Sign in to follow this  
Harleequin

Beware of Hotz Matz

Well I did get a reply last night at 1h00am... Saying my mat was packed and I should received it in 10 days. Still, I am more on a wait and see approach here. Will believe that I get the mat when I hold it in my hand. Hopefully he delivers...

Hello,

I am new to this forum.  This is my first post.  I have a 6 X 4 mat from Monday Knight Productions.  It is a good quality product.  And they have them in a 3X3 format.  I have put the link below.  They have pictures of there mat.  What you see is what you get.  Shipping is okay and quicker than most.

Jean

http://www.mondayknight.com/Index-Mats.html

I know this is old but just in case anyone is reading this now know that I ordered one of these mats (the monday knight productions ones) and they are absolutely terrible. It looks like something your toddler made at pre-school. I wish I were kidding, but at the price you pay I guess you shouldn't expect more. Since then I've made my own and purchased a GF9 mat. Well worth the money. Avoid MKP, trust me, they are not worth it. They are terrible looking.

The GF9 mats are great.  A little pricey (although roughly the same cost as the upcoming FFG tile set...), but Vinyl and really well done.  Not too busy like many of the more realistic Hubble images, but dense enough to be convincing and the mat is packaged well and durable.  I own both the space-themed ones now =). Very pleased.  

They do stamp the bottom edge (the logo is less than an 1x1 inch easily, maybe even half inch), just a little bit bigger than the barely-there copyright text) but is in the same color as whatever nebulas.  I honestly only notice it when I am rolling it up/unrolling it.

I recommend them highly!

I have the GF9 mats and didn't even notice they had a logo until it was pointed out just now.   :P  So yeah, it's pretty unobtrusive.  I can also recommend them highly - a bit pricey (although I got one for $25 when my LGS had apparently priced it wrong the week it came out) but very nice. The vinyl is just tacky enough that the bases don't slip around easily like they can on a table surface, the graphics are sharp but not loud - with the exception of the Death St-err, "Space Station" mat, which is incredibly busy.  Decent looking, but busy.

Thanks for this post. I sent him an email about two weeks ago with some questions. This was at about 11pm on a Sunday, and I got a response within minutes! I thanked him for the rapid response and good service, clarified my question... and then never heard from him again. Sent two more emails after that and gave up. Glad I didn't purchase, even though I like the design/quality better than other options I've seen.