Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
divinityofnumber

Minneapolis, MN

798 posts in this topic

Sorry guys. I rarely come on the FFG forums. Jake sent me a text to have a look here. Unfortunately I'm on my way out the door from work to go play cards at ffg. Here is something I whipped up in about 1 min. Haven't read any of the last 27 pages either. So please take it as that. 

I'll make something better Monday. Promise

Edit: From reading above, it seems like a shirt has been designed already? Anyway, gots to go

Untitled-3_zpsd003fa0b.jpg

Edited by cooleo1c

i feel like i want to point a stick at some one and yell " INFERNO VOS VIDEBIMVS" so i can feel like harry dresden

I love the idea of the Tauntauns on the front flanking the crest, but I think adding Team Tauntaun on the back football jersey style.

Team tauntaun across the shoulders. I like it!

Nice touch using the 'v' instead of 'u.'  Points for authenticity!

Now we just need Divinityofnumber to teach us the perfect pronunciation to trash talk at regionals. :)

Latin 'v's were actually 'w's.  So it's 'weni, widi, wicci'.  But the 'v's that stand for 'u's are still just 'u's, phonetically.

Blows the mind, man.

Correct that the Ancient Romans had no "U", only "V", which had the sound of roughly our "W." The pronunciation of our motto would depend on if you wanted to sound like an Ancient Roman, or someone from the medieval period. As would be expected, Latin pronunciation underwent some changes over its approximately 3,000 year lifespan. 

And, it is very far from dead. When people say it is dead, they refer to the fact that there are no native speakers. 

Avrea likes this

I'll just record you, Divinity, on my phone and create some sort of Latin, Trashtalk sound board. 

"Hold on, let me just take my phone out," taps screen...

"[iNSERT Divinity's recording HERE]"

Avrea and dan.roettgen like this

Cooleo1c!!!!!!! We need your skillz!

Cooleo, do you think you could look at Magni's awesome design mock up and make us something? Once we have an image we can each go online and order our own tshirts. Might make things easier all around rather than coordinating one order etc.

I know you can put it all together super fast with your skills. Tauntauns flanking the crest with light sabers instead if swords, our moto in Latin on the ribbon, mpls skyline if possible on the crest. All in white and grays for a black or navy blue shirt.

I think that's everything, right guys? Super excited to see the final design. With less than a month will be nice to get them ordered soon if possible. :)

Edited by Avrea

Cooleo, do you think you could look at Magni's awesome design mock up and make us something? Once we have an image we can each go online and order our own tshirts. Might make things easier all around rather than coordinating one order etc.

I know you can put it all together super fast with your skills. Tauntauns flanking the crest with light sabers instead if swords, our moto in Latin on the ribbon, mpls skyline if possible on the crest. All in white and grays for a black or navy blue shirt.

I think that's everything, right guys? Super excited to see the final design. With less than a month will be nice to get them ordered soon if possible. :)

Aye aye, cap'n!

Jeeps has gotten me out of the asteroid field. I'll see what I can do. Won't be able to work on it until this weekend though

sry work baby and dentist today - i have high quality versions of these files, drop me a line @ gjudd@me.com

Here is the verbal description of what was decided. :) And thank you so much!!!