Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
divinityofnumber

Minneapolis, MN

802 posts in this topic

I keep a ton of mine sleeved, but not quite all of them. My wife and I both play, so we own 4 Core Sets, 4 Edge of Darkness expansions, and two of each Force Pack, etc. We also play AGoT competitively, so there just ends up being way to many cards to warrant sleeving.

But, you raise a good point in that at least certain objective sets should probably be sleeved up constantly (e.g., Falcon, Han, Luke, Vader, Emperor, etc.). 

Edited by divinityofnumber

I debated doing blue and red dragon sleeves and sleeving everything the exact same, but it would be a shame to replace ones that started to fade or get ragged.

I could possibly get to the event center around 7 when did you guys plan on staying till?

The only real limit is whenever the Event Center closes.   :)

I plan on getting there around 6pm and staying late (i.e., as long as there are people who want to play SW). 

Have fun, gang!  I will join you in a few weeks for sure (Is the EC even open on Black Friday night?- probably, right?).

Sorry i missed friday, exhausted with a crazy baby - hopefully we will have Balance of the force @ tower on tuesday. (its supposed to release on the 6th) we usually get it early.

No worries. It was awesome fun. We had 12-15 people over the course of the night, which, in my opinion, was a great turnout for the first time. There were people who said that Friday usually works for them, but they had a conflict this particular Friday. 

People mostly played 1v1, although there was one epic 2 hour 2v2 game. It was nice to see a variety of decks, and to get to mess around and try out some new experimental builds. 

Edited by divinityofnumber

wow TC represent! - Thats better then the regionals we had outside of the EC!  I'm excited hopefully we can repeate those numbers this week (with balance prolly dropping at Tower on Tuesday)

Graham

Yeah, it was a nice turnout!  I should be able to get a couple of friends who roped me into an EDH game to come out this coming Friday to test out Star Wars.  One of them has played before, the other not at all.  We just have to show them what a fun game it is!  I think it'll help that the game center serves beer too...

I had been hearing the 6th was the drop date.  Whatever friday the release date ends up being we will have it the tuesday before.  Thats great, this weekend im busy with family matters but i have xmas break off work!

Graham

Wow! Looks like a lot of great things have been going on. Sorry to have missed out on all the fun at the EC, and I'm glad to hear there was a good number of people. I love the game and especially the TC community that has been coming together around it.

Looks like I'll probably be missing out on much of the near future as well. We're now home with a newborn baby boy! This isn't something we thought would happen until next spring, but the adoption process flew through and we're now parents. This also means all disposable income has vanished for the time being. I'll poke my head in when I can, but it'll probably be a long while before I'm able to be back at the EC or Tower Games. 

magni2 likes this

Congrats!

Thats great news!  Well whenever we see you we will see you! feel free to stop by anytime your always more then welcome to play with any of my decks!  Babies are great, besides all the time they suck up once you get into your routine your golden (until they get sick) then the **** really hits the fan!  Have fun sleep well!

Graham

Congratulations!

What Graham said: come on over if you find yourself with free time and wanting to play.  I'd also be more than happy to let you use some of my decks.

Congratulations!

I won't be able to make it this week due to being out of town for the holiday, but I should be able to make it for an hour or two on the 6th (I have 10pm tickets to see Chris Hardwick at Mill City). 

I've been thinking of putting together a deck using Hold The Line! and Rebel Han.

Hey hey hey! - Tower Games is doing a black friday sale, 20% off the entire store good opportunity to get edge of darkness for cheap Or too pick up two core sets if your getting into the game!

Facebook Tower for more details!

Thanks for the congrats all. I'll drop in when I can. Sad that I'll be missing out on some EoD goodness, but the little guy is totally worth it.

So if people are willing to indulge me and try some more 2v2 I had an idea.... 

With the Hoth cycle complete we should celebrate its end before the next one starts with a 2v2 Battle of Hoth Battle Royale!  Only cards from the Hoth cycle!  All Hoth cards included!  Navy Vader?  In!  Hoth Rearguards?  In!!  WED-15-1016?  You know he's gonna break the game!

This game should settle once and for all which side won the battle of Hoth and which side came out ahead during the Hoth cycle!

That sounds like a great idea!  Anyone want to play @Tower this upcoming Monday?  Sadly, I will have to miss this Friday again...will be in Iowa with family for the holiday!

Ill be @ tower 2-10 this monday.  Feeling very star warsy recently played way to much netrunner and its gotten kinda repetative i miss the luck factor that SW gives me.  Plus i wanna start building really weird decks! - did you guys hear the smugglers den episode were they talk about there DS navy deck, we should put that together im very intersted in how it palys.

Yes, I thought that I had it put together, but was off by a few objectives last Friday. I have since gotten it together correctly and played a few games with it. 

It is good. But I think that it can be tweaked a bit. 

Yeah, was listening to SmugDen 2.1, the guy neal the real deal is onto something i think.  In the netrunner league we have been doing random identities to force the meta to shift and we kinda discovered some of the tier 1.5 identities are REALLY viable, they just dont play at all like you would expect to play the game with one of the tier 1.0 identities.   This shift makes it so that when you drop your 1.0 deck and pick up one of these weird decks you face tank it hard, loose bad and blame the deck but really its you.  I dont think scum is good yet but i think navy is like this i just need to learn to play better.  I will have 2 unique decks for testing on monday if anyone stops by.