Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
leepurslow

A few rule clarifications please

Recommended Posts

Hey guys, had the game for a few days now, loving it, but have a few rules questions to clarify please:

 

1.) Boba Fett  - Boba Fett can capture any character that he damages. If he produces enough damage to kill them, do they die? Or are they still captured?

2.) Timing question - I play an advisor to the Emperor, which is a character than supplies 1 resource. If my opponent has a Heavy Blaster Emplacement in play, can they kill it before I use his resources? I presume the answer Is yes, as players alternate actions, but on page 13 under deployment actions it states that a card can use its resources ' immediately'.

3.) Trench run - can it be damaged if the light side has control of the force, again I am presuming not, but would like clarification.

thanks guys!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1) Unit is dead if it has enough damage.

2) It means immediately in that you don't need to wait till next turn to use the resources like in other games where you cannot use a resource right away. Which is why it says on page 13 that you quoted, you missed some of the quote: "when a card enteres play, it is immediately eligible to perform any permitted game function…that same turn" So in your example your player action ends after you play the unit, it is now your opponents chance for a player action, they use the blaster emplacement to kill your unit and then it is your chance for another player action.

3) No, it is not an objective exactly as Trench Run says. It can be engaged LIKE an objective but that does not mean it is an objective.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Toqtamish said:

1) Unit is dead if it has enough damage.

2) It means immediately in that you don't need to wait till next turn to use the resources like in other games where you cannot use a resource right away. Which is why it says on page 13 that you quoted, you missed some of the quote: "when a card enteres play, it is immediately eligible to perform any permitted game function…that same turn" So in your example your player action ends after you play the unit, it is now your opponents chance for a player action, they use the blaster emplacement to kill your unit and then it is your chance for another player action.

3) No, it is not an objective exactly as Trench Run says. It can be engaged LIKE an objective but that does not mean it is an objective.

I agree with 2) and 3), though I disagree with the question about Fett. The unit being dead might not factor in to whether or not the card is captured. Take Leia for example. Her card says she is captured if she leaves play. And Fett's card doesn't say "the unit is captured unless it dies during Boba Fett's strike". I think Boba is intended to capture anything he damages, regardless of how much health the target has. That's how I'm playing it until we get an FAQ.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the replies guys, appreciated. Interesting take on Boba Fett. We've been playing it as he kills the intended target, UNLESS he doesn't deal enough damage to kill them, in which case he captures them. Can I ask a further question:

 

wookie Navigator - If Wookie navigator survives an engagement 'you may engage the same objective again'. I presume this means another unit may engage the same objective and not Wookie Navigator as he would be focused….? 

 

Thanks again

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Darth Corvus said:

Toqtamish said:

1) Unit is dead if it has enough damage.

2) It means immediately in that you don't need to wait till next turn to use the resources like in other games where you cannot use a resource right away. Which is why it says on page 13 that you quoted, you missed some of the quote: "when a card enteres play, it is immediately eligible to perform any permitted game function…that same turn" So in your example your player action ends after you play the unit, it is now your opponents chance for a player action, they use the blaster emplacement to kill your unit and then it is your chance for another player action.

3) No, it is not an objective exactly as Trench Run says. It can be engaged LIKE an objective but that does not mean it is an objective.

I agree with 2) and 3), though I disagree with the question about Fett. The unit being dead might not factor in to whether or not the card is captured. Take Leia for example. Her card says she is captured if she leaves play. And Fett's card doesn't say "the unit is captured unless it dies during Boba Fett's strike". I think Boba is intended to capture anything he damages, regardless of how much health the target has. That's how I'm playing it until we get an FAQ.

The difference is that Fett is a reaction, Leia is an interrupt. I've submitted a rules question already on whether or not there's a reaction window between the damage and destroying to use the capture ability.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Osiris said:

Thanks for the replies guys, appreciated. Interesting take on Boba Fett. We've been playing it as he kills the intended target, UNLESS he doesn't deal enough damage to kill them, in which case he captures them. Can I ask a further question:

 

wookie Navigator - If Wookie navigator survives an engagement 'you may engage the same objective again'. I presume this means another unit may engage the same objective and not Wookie Navigator as he would be focused….? 

 

Thanks again

 

Correct. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

dbmeboy said:

Darth Corvus said:

I agree with 2) and 3), though I disagree with the question about Fett. The unit being dead might not factor in to whether or not the card is captured. Take Leia for example. Her card says she is captured if she leaves play. And Fett's card doesn't say "the unit is captured unless it dies during Boba Fett's strike". I think Boba is intended to capture anything he damages, regardless of how much health the target has. That's how I'm playing it until we get an FAQ.

The difference is that Fett is a reaction, Leia is an interrupt.

 

Exactly. This game does not and hopefully will not have a moribund rule so the unit is dead and not able to be selected for the reaction.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Osiris said:

wookie Navigator - If Wookie navigator survives an engagement 'you may engage the same objective again'. I presume this means another unit may engage the same objective and not Wookie Navigator as he would be focused….? 

 

Thanks again

If he remains focused, then he cannot engage the same objective again himself, true.  However, all units in general can be in multiple engagements each turn if you can remove any focus tokens on them between engagements.  Leia is a popular way to manage this, for instance.  So there isn't any rule preventing him from reengaging the objective… just the silly focus token.  If you pull that off, he could actually allow you to engage it a third time if he survived again… Now I'm wanting to work out this combo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Toqtamish said:

dbmeboy said:

Darth Corvus said:

 

I agree with 2) and 3), though I disagree with the question about Fett. The unit being dead might not factor in to whether or not the card is captured. Take Leia for example. Her card says she is captured if she leaves play. And Fett's card doesn't say "the unit is captured unless it dies during Boba Fett's strike". I think Boba is intended to capture anything he damages, regardless of how much health the target has. That's how I'm playing it until we get an FAQ.

The difference is that Fett is a reaction, Leia is an interrupt.

 

 

Exactly. This game does not and hopefully will not have a moribund rule so the unit is dead and not able to be selected for the reaction.  

I redact my previous assessment. I was going from memory of the card and was thinking Fett's ability was static and not a reaction. Thanks for clearing that up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...