Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Hans Chung-Otterson

Portland, OR players?

85 posts in this topic

Starting May 3rd CCGHouse in Vancouver will be hosting a league every Saturday between the hours of 1-4pm.

Hope that this will help the game grow more in the Portland area. 

These posts have been really helpful.  I'm a new Portland player, and I got 2 cores and edge of darkness.  I'm hoping to keep the decks all fairly balanced but was curious as to what expansions provide what? IE "such and such expansion has ewoks" Thanks!

A lot of them vary in types. 

Lure of darkness is really nice for expanding scum and villainy 

Balance of the Force really gives you something for all your factions. All the cards are playable for each faction. 

Victarion likes this

So what were the results of the Portland Tourney?  Is it online?  I've seen some regionals a while ago but they seemed to be from Arizona I think.

A Facebook group, "Star Wars LCG Vancouver/PDX", has been put together to help network among the Portland/SW Washington players.

Atules likes this

CCGHouse is hosting a Summer tournament on July 19th at 1pm

$5 ENTRY

1st -Leia playmat and Moff Tarkin promo

2nd - Tarkin and a promo deck box

3rd - Deck box 

All players will receive A rouge Three Promo

Hey fellas, where do you guys normally play and how often? I'm looking for a group and will be moving to Portland shortly!

There are only a few places

West of Portland is Rainy Day Games in Aloha they play every Thursday for League  they get anywhere from 6- 12 players

North of Portland in Vancouver is CCGHouse. no regular day but has a group of 6 players and is moving to hosting just tournaments once a month

South of Portland in Salem IS Borderlands I hear they do some play some on Monday nights 

That's what I know of. 

According to their website, Guardian Games in Portland has people who play on Wednesdays, although I'm not sure how many people there usually are. I know I want to get into playing more, and Guardian is the best location for me, although my schedule is fluid at the moment, so it's hard to say which nights are best. 

From what I hear Guardian doesn't have a LCG playerbase.Which is unfortunate that the center hub of gaming doesn't have the in store players which is why they don't host competitive events.

I wonder why people don't play at Guardian Games? When I visited Portland earlier this year it seemed like an awesome place to play. So much room! Is there a regular site that you guys communicate on to organize events? In MA we used a facebook group so everyone can chit chat, share strategies, and get updates.

also theres this Facebook group Star Wars LCG Vancouver/PDX"  Which has many of the local stores like Guardian games in it

I think Guardian would run  events if asked. but that requires players showing up. i think the Vancouver crowd would show up if there were prizes or a scheduled league. 

But hee in Vancouver were going to be pushing for monthly tournaments suing the expansions as prizes or the kits when we get them. We will have dates posted soon

Edited by skull lleader 86

I have traveled to all the stores and know the active base:

Much of this already mentioned but I will recap:

1) Rainy Day in Aloha has 8 to 12, Every Thursday starting at around 5 and going until 8:30;

2) CCG house in Vancouver has 6, monthly tournaments look for posts from skull leader;

3) Guardian is a really cool store. Some decipher buddies and I were gathering on Wednesday for the true star wars ccg, but even with the help of Nathan ( head Guardian minion, calendering and publicity) it never really got off the ground. We had 1 regional in 2013 with 2 players blah! 

4)Borderlands in Salem has 1 dedicated guy but most of the others only play x wing or RPG. It is a Monday night after  6:00pm if  they don't have anything better to do kind of thing.

I am also connected to 4 or 5 other non-active players through the old swccg. Then there is Mitchell and his bro that IMO are some of the best players around. I think he won a store championship and regional in 2013.

I have a distro, send me an email at : rfreeman454@gmail.com reference something in the subject please.

It would be awesome to get everyone out and 'Committed to the force' we would have 30 or close to it.