Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Hans Chung-Otterson

Portland, OR players?

85 posts in this topic

@yagyu: Again, thanks, but I don't play X-Wing.

@Jace: Will do. It looks like Rainy Day Games has LCG nights every other week, and I called them and they said they have a regular crew of SW players. I'll be checking it out next week.

Hans, just moved to Beaverton, and rather than duplicate your efforts...Is their next game night at Rainy Day on the 24th of October?

Hey guys, just moved to Portland, and I'm definitely interested in getting together with people and playing games! Right now I've mostly been playing X-Wing, but I'm hoping to get into Star Wars LCG soon here. I'll definitely stop by Rainy Day Games for some of their upcoming X-Wing and LCG nights. Hope to meet you guys there!

I haven't been to Time Vault, but it's easier for me to get there than to Rainy Day. We should play sometime!

Also, I met another Star Wars player at the Wednesday Night LCG group at Guardian Games this week, so look for Star Wars there. I show up most Wednesdays and I always bring Star Wars.

again your always welcome to come to borderlands games in salem, our group has gotten larger and more regular and were having about 2-4 people attend star wars night, we usually do x-wing, the lcg and were gearing up for the eote campaigns. Its every monday at 5pm, though next week ill be there at 2 pm.

Rainy day had 8 show up 2 weeks ago. I am sure they had close to that again tonight, but I was not able to make it. Every other Thursday starts at 5:30pm.

I will try to get back to gaurdain on a Wednesday. Used to have 6 to 8 showing for the real star wars ccg... but this easy one is also fun :). I have not spent time to see what's wrong with FFA PM feel free to email me at freeman454@hotmail.com. Reference star wars lcg in the subject. I have a distro building with 10 star wars lcg players in the valley. Email me and I will get you in there.

Someone needs to set up a tournament at Gaurdian, Rainy or even Salem. I am fine driving down and carpooling other people down. Saturday is best for me for tourney. Wednesday best for table games.

again your always welcome to come to borderlands games in salem, our group has gotten larger and more regular and were having about 2-4 people attend star wars night, we usually do x-wing, the lcg and were gearing up for the eote campaigns. Its every monday at 5pm, though next week ill be there at 2 pm.

Hey - I'm moving to Salem sometime in April. Looking forward to joining Star Wars night there!  Do you know if Borderlands Games has a robust warmachine or netrunner scene as well?

For the record, it looks like there's an official "FFG LCG" night at Guardian Games that includes Star Wars -- every Wednesday at 5pm. I'll be there this week with some first tries at Core Set decks.

Just saw this post. Planning on buying the game next week and I'll make it out. You guys still playing Star wars at Guardian?

I can make it. Just to verify we are looking at December 18th at 5:00pm right?

Lets sound off if we can make it.

R.Free Dlots ( thats one)

lovesaints ( ? )

other

other

Checking this daily but looks like no takers yet... I am looking for at least 1 hard commit for Wednesday 12-18-13 at 5pm at GG before I make the trip.

Let me know.

email me at freeman454@hotmail.com if you want to get on the distro.

My group of old swccg players is the reason Gaurdain lists a star wars lcg link on their site.

Since nobody posted to the above thread this week, I will look to catch up with some of you in 2014, today looks like a no-go.

Also remember to check out rainy day games event calendar here: http://www.rainy-day-games.com/

They have a good base going of 6-12 players every other Thursday

again u can always visit borderlands in salem. We have around 9 players of x-wing eote and the lcg and even the old decipher and do it all day long and all night long on mondays

Edited by yagyu

So I finally got the game, but I'm still learning to play, and I still need a second Core Set and a second Edge of Darkness to actually be able to play competitively, but I'm getting closer. I have limited time to play during the week, and since I also play X-Wing my plan is to head over to Guardian on Mondays to try to get a couple game of X-Wing in, and maybe some Star Wars LCG while I'm there if other players are around. 

Hey Fellas, from Boston and planning to move to Portland in 6 months or so but would love to know about the group. I play pretty regularly here in Massachusetts and would love to continue it in Portland. I'll be in Portland later this month for vacation and might be able to stop by for a game or two! So where does everyone normally play?

We have a very small group of players at ccghouse in Vancouver that play, but no designated night. 

How many people are going to the store championship at Rainy day ?

played at rainy day games in aloha/ beaverton area. Went well. they had 4 players and two of us came down from vancouver. we have about 4 who play quite a bit up here.

Nice! Do you guys just show up every week or do you have some other means of communication? I'd like to keep in touch because i'll be moving to Portland in a couple of months and would love to get together and play. Are you planning on going to the store championship at rainy day games?

They hosted their store Championship this past Sunday had a total of six players 4 from portland 2 from vancouver. They have an organized group of 4-6 every other Thursday. We just kind of play whenever in vancouver at CCGHouse. Hoping to start a living card game night soon though to help Netrunner and Star Wars get bigger. 

Very nice! We're going to have our store championship on Saturday. I was in portland until sunday. If i stayed for another day i would've come down! My move to Portland can't happen fast enough! I thought Guardian Games had a big netrunner community. I think they're having a store championship soon.

New to Portland and to the game.   Does anyone know where I can find a list of the decks that were pre built for the core set?  I got mine used and the cards were loose in a pile.  Makes it difficult to see how they arranged the decks.

Here are the out of the box deck list. 

Also Rainy day games will be having their star wars night tomorrow (thursday) at 6pm 

Jedi Deck 

Objective sets: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 18

Rebel Alliance Deck 

Objective sets: 8, 9,10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 18

Sith Deck 

Objective sets: 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 36

Imperial Navy Deck 

Objective sets: 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 36

Portland players CCGHouse in Vancouver is looking into a league night. Rainy day is scheduled every other thursday

would you like to see weekly or every other week ? Weekday or weekend?