Sign in to follow this  
crimzonteerz

Excel Squad Builder Help

I'm making an excel spreadsheet squad builder that i intend to upload for the community when done. I have all the data entered and tables set up.

However, I need help because I'm no excel pro and am having a hard time writing some formulas for data entry restrictions.

For example, in dealing with Ship Modifications, there are 3 available but each ship is only allowed to take one. I want a formula that will restrict a ship to one mod.

So how do i write the formula? Lets say that cell A1 is Engine upgrade, B1 is Shield Upgrade and C1 is Stealth device.

I need excel to allow only one cell from A1, B1, C1, to have a maximum value of 1.

I tried COUNTIF(A1:C1,">2") but anything under 2 triggers the error lol. I have a feeling this can be done with IF and COUNTIF functions but I'm at a loss as to how to do it.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Because i have to be online to use it, or use my browser. There was another older excel squad builder and it was great.

http://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/82149/star-wars-x-wing-miniatures-game-squad-builder-v2

I found myself using it all the time. But the guy who made it doesn't seem to want to make another so I decided to have a go at making one. An Excel squad builder has a superior layout to the html one imho.