Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
qcipher

Commissar Quotes

4 posts in this topic

Anyone have some decent Commissar quotes from your games?  My favorite was from a Deathwatch game, it was in the intro adventure in the book, the Kill Team are on a planet soon to be overwhelmed by Tyrannids, and have to rescue a Tech-Priest, along the way they find a stranded platoon and the Commissar soon to be facing certain death and overhear:

"Men!  I have two lots of news for you.  First!  The Emperor only hears your worthless prayers when they're carried to the Throne by your death-screams!  The second…He will hear them this day!  Now pick up your weapons!  Face the enemy!  And get ready to pray!" 

"Today We Storm the Gates of Hell and Piss on the Graves of the Ruinous Powers, But first we have to fill those Graves, I know it's a Big Job so we better get to Work!"

"Only Good Heretic is a Dead  Heretic, all I see is Bad Heretics, You should do something about that!"

"The Emperor has a Surplus of Las Packs, the Lords of Terra have personaly charged us with doing somthing about that."

"I'll pass your excuse along to your unit commander; if he dicides to accept it, I'll see to it that your next of kin gets your full Guard pension."

The Benedictions of the Emperor found in the back of The Imperial Infantryman's Handbook or The Imperial Infantryman's Uplifting Primer has some inspirational speeches from a couple of Commissars.