Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Darian Ocana

Can we make the SWRPGIcons font available?

17 posts in this topic

I was pulling the vectors of the dice symbols from the sticker sheet to use in a project I'm working on. When I opened the "Long Arm of the Hutt", I noticed that the symbols are also included in a font named SWRPGIcons.

So my question, or request (begging actually :) ) for the powers that be, can the font be made available for private/non-commercial use for fan projects for EotE?

Well, I was able to extract the fonts from the PDF, but only see the D12 in the TTF for the dice symbols. Not sure where the other symbols are hiding. Maybe in the CFF files that I extracted. Granted, WingDings has a square to use for the Setback and Boost dice.

And the extraction also got part of the Aurubesh type (the Star Wars Basic character language) since FFG used some of them in the various documents. I just wish I knew more about the file formats to merge the different ones together to create a more complete set.

More than likely, FFG won't be releasing those fonts.  LFL is pretty particularly about it's product identity; there's a reason why some of the well-received aspects of Saga Edition, such as the Condition Track, can't be used in D&D.

Since said font for the dice symbols is part and parcel of a Star Wars RPG, it'd probably fall under the same category.  It'd be akin to asking FFG to make the basic rules of the game available for free.

Darian Ocana said:

Many thanks to Aazlain for developing an Open Type font with all of the dice symbols. Thank you!

Those interested will find the thread where he introduced the font here:

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_foros_discusion.asp?efid=317&efcid=46&efidt=713563&efpag=8

Pleasure is mine Darian.

If anybody else is interested in the glyphs, I've added a download link to my signature.

Here is the character map for reference:

EotESymbol-Regular.png

The scale and baseline shoud correspond to what's been printed in the books but but there is still room for improvement when it comes to spacing before/after the glyphs.

Is there a link to the actual font or just the symbols.  I seem to be missing it if there is a link…

Same here. Can't find the font?