Sign in to follow this  
Sinkaro

NPCs and listed stats

Hi everyone.

Having a little problem trying to figure somethin out. I'm looking at Chapter 10 of the beta book, where it lists the various adversary's that are in the game. I'm having a little trouble figuring something out.

Specifically I'm looking at the stats for weapons and attacks. The one I'm particularly looking at is the Pirate Captain (as that's an NPC I want to use for my game). I saw what is either a descrepancy or my lack of understanding of the rules. All I know is it became even more evident from the stat blocks that were produced by Triump and Despair (http://triumphdespair.wordpress.com/).

Specifically, what I'm noting is the listed damage for the Pirate Captain's vibro-axe is 12. I don't understand where this figure is coming from.

4 from his Brawn, 3 from the vibro-axe dmg modifier, and 2 from feral strength comes to a grand total of 9, so I'm a little confused as to where "12" is coming from.

Is there some rule clarity that anyone can offer and help me get a firmer understanding of the mechanics? Hopefully it will help me figure it out if I see anything else as I'm going through.

Sinkaro said:

Specifically, what I'm noting is the listed damage for the Pirate Captain's vibro-axe is 12. I don't understand where this figure is coming from.

Vibro-axe damage was originally +6. The weekly updates changed that to +3 (along with a bunch of other weapon damage changes), but none of the stat blocks were updated to reflect those changes.

Basically - most, if not all, NPC stat blocks from chapter 10 in the Beta are now wrong.

Sinkaro said:

Ah, okey dokey… Does that mean my math works out, then? Those would be the only considerations at that point?

Looks likely. Generally damage is weapon (or weapon + Brawn for melee/brawl), plus any bonuses from modifications, plus any bonuses from talents.