Sign in to follow this  
FLGMwt

Crazy deal on amazon

If you want to get into LotR or need a second (or third?) set, I'd say now is a pretty good time. It's $17.84 on amazon right now. Sorry, FLGS, but this is just too hard to pass up.

papy72 said:

I grabbed my second Core with that deal too.  And since, you know, I HAVE to use Amazon's free shipping option, I was just forced into buying Khazad-Dum too.

Hehe.

No you didn't you could have gotten something cheaper (sarcasm)… Oh I get it.

Captain Poe said:

What all cards do you get out of a second core that make it worth the 17 dollars?

unexpected courage

steward of gondor

Horn of Gondor

The rest seem sort of obsolete?

Blade of Gondolin

Celebrian's stone

Dwarven Tomb

Erebor Hammersmith

Faramir

Feint

For Gondor!

Gandalf

Hasty Stroke

Henamarth Riversong

Northern Tracker

Protector of Lorien

Quick Strike

Sneak Attack

The Galadhrim's Greetings

Will of the West

CJMatos said:

Captain Poe said:

What all cards do you get out of a second core that make it worth the 17 dollars?

unexpected courage

steward of gondor

Horn of Gondor

The rest seem sort of obsolete?

Blade of Gondolin

Celebrian's stone

Dwarven Tomb

Erebor Hammersmith

Faramir

Feint

For Gondor!

Gandalf

Hasty Stroke

Henamarth Riversong

Northern Tracker

Protector of Lorien

Quick Strike

Sneak Attack

The Galadhrim's Greetings

Will of the West

mmm… could definately stand to have some more of these…

What do people do with the extras? I feel like its a waste to just throw them out. but it would be really sh*tty trying to let someone learn the game by playing with the left overs after you've take out all the  good cards.

Captain Poe said:

mmm… could definately stand to have some more of these…

What do people do with the extras? I feel like its a waste to just throw them out. but it would be really sh*tty trying to let someone learn the game by playing with the left overs after you've take out all the  good cards.

And I didn't mention all of them, just the ones that i feel more important…

I'd buy another one (or two) if the card text had been updated as per the errata, but don't know how corrected the latest print run is…  Probably not Beravor and Protector of Lorien, but the rest, perhaps…?

I'd never planned to get a second Core since it was a cooperative game, but this is too cheap to pass up.  It'll be nice to have extra base Encounter decks to use, as well as the added player cards.  I gifted one to a friend as well.

You know FFG could make some cash by selling a "fill in" set for say 20 bucks (USD, sorry but you are on your own for the conversion rich), or 30 bucks with a 1 off quest, and I wouldnt feel like crap for regifting a scavanged core and throwing away a third core set.

But since I havent goten a 2nd or 3rd yet, any ideas on what to do with the extras for the third?

I ended up buying 2. One for my pal, and one for me to take the extra cards out and give him the remaining. It'll be nice for him to have a full set of 3 of some of the cards you only get 2 of normally.

flightmaster101 said:

You know FFG could make some cash by selling a "fill in" set for say 20 bucks (USD, sorry but you are on your own for the conversion rich), or 30 bucks with a 1 off quest, and I wouldnt feel like crap for regifting a scavanged core and throwing away a third core set.

But since I havent goten a 2nd or 3rd yet, any ideas on what to do with the extras for the third?

Would this sell better than trying to sell multiple core sets to you though?

Rapier said:

flightmaster101 said:

Would this sell better than trying to sell multiple core sets to you though?

With a single quest like lake town or massing, possibly.   Just fill-ins probably not.  I just know I wouldn't feel so bad about killing trees if they did offer those type of products.