Sign in to follow this  
FLGMwt

Now taking bets for final sale price of all the Kessel run ships on ebay…

cleardave said:

Denied said:

I mean … there is a certain level of fluff involved in selling a Slave-1 that was won over a hard fought series of battles leaving a wake of carnage and shattered dreams. Then gouging the hell out of others who wish to own it for themselves. I believe what I am trying to say here is I am Boba Fett.

You summed up a similar feeling I have towards the Toronto Area Kessel Run scene; most retailers couldn't get the kits in time, so will be doing tournaments early in January, so I have a few opportunities to try and win more ships.

With that in mind, I wonder if they'd let me bring my Imperials along with my newly minted TIE Interceptor.  On the one hand, it's a perfectly legitimate playing piece, but because most entrants wouldn't have access to it, I think that would be a big no.

That said, it would be pretty sweet to clutch out a tournament win thanks to Turr Phennir and fill in my ship ranks.  I know it would be unsporting, but my Interceptor craves fresh kills.  That sweet, sweet allure of the Dark Side always beckons…

Only the listed products in the tournament rules are legal for FFG sanctioned tournaments.  Let Wave 1 have it's day, this is the last time we you will see tournaments with only the first four ships.  That said, I think if the Wave 2 ships were legal for these events it would just cause problems, rules wise as well as turning off the more casual crowd which have been the majority of the players at these events.

The R5Don4 Star II said:

Only the listed products in the tournament rules are legal for FFG sanctioned tournaments.  Let Wave 1 have it's day, this is the last time we you will see tournaments with only the first four ships.  That said, I think if the Wave 2 ships were legal for these events it would just cause problems, rules wise as well as turning off the more casual crowd which have been the majority of the players at these events.

Completely agree; it's just brutal to imagine the kind of curb stomping you would be doing if you brought TIE Interceptors or a Falcon out to one of those and used it in preliminaries against players that didn't know any better.

I'm just glad I got to take my lists out for an official spin before Wave 2 hit, as I imagine they'll be a little obsolete once Wave 2 is tournament legal.