Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
FLGMwt

Now taking bets for final sale price of all the Kessel run ships on ebay…

Recommended Posts

I'm keeping mine. Got Slave-I, my buddy got the Falcon and immidately put it up on Ebay. Sure he can get more for it from people who don't have the patience to wait a few months for the release. To me that Slave-I has a lot more value, not because I won it. That it represents to me meeting some really cool people, having a fun time playing a game we all enjoy together, and spending time with people who like the some of the same things I do. No amount of money can equel out what it means to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was the TO and recieved an A-Wing and Tie Interceptor. They are not going anywhere, and are already very open and have been played several times. But yeah, there are a ton of Slaves and Falcons on eBay for between 100- 150 buy it now. I will just wait 2-3 months, not that big of a deal. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I won a TIE Interceptor and my girlfriend won an A-Wing.  While we could sell them, it would just mean I would have to re-buy them in a couple of months anyways, so for the extra (at best) $20/ship I might get from someone not patient enough to wait, I'd rather keep the souveniers of our tourney run together.

It was her first time ever doing something like that, so she was happy to win something.

Also, by keeping them, we have them to use in all our games between now and when the next wave comes out.

Had we managed to take home a Slave I or Falcon, I wouldn't sell them either, for the same reasons above.  Also, I feel bad for exploiting someone's inability to wait for the model to come out by raking them over the coals for an extra $100.  Maybe if I made a business out of it, but for a one-off thing, I'd rather not bother.

Side note, because obviously all the boxes were opened at the Kessel Run for the final match, somehow I got an extra copy of the Avenger pilot for the TIE Interceptor.  I'm going to swing by the store today and drop it off, in case they have the means to contact the guy who won the other one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I won multiple Slave-1's and I am going to see what I can get for them on ebay /shrug may as well. I will just buy them when they come out. If they don't sell then I get to keep the models and no harm no foul.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Out of the two ship options I wouldn't doubt if the Slave-1's go for more. In the games I have used them in they out perform the Falcons and as significantly cheaper point wise too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My Rebels badly need the A-Wings I won, and I really like TIE Interceptors. I'd only consider selling the larger ships since I prefer fighters, and I'd probably do that locally for fair prices. It's a moot point, since it doesn't look like I'll win one, and if I did I'd probably trade it to the tournament organizer for his fighters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

cleardave said:

I won a TIE Interceptor and my girlfriend won an A-Wing.  While we could sell them, it would just mean I would have to re-buy them in a couple of months anyways, so for the extra (at best) $20/ship I might get from someone not patient enough to wait, I'd rather keep the souveniers of our tourney run together.

It was her first time ever doing something like that, so she was happy to win something.

Also, by keeping them, we have them to use in all our games between now and when the next wave comes out.

Had we managed to take home a Slave I or Falcon, I wouldn't sell them either, for the same reasons above.  Also, I feel bad for exploiting someone's inability to wait for the model to come out by raking them over the coals for an extra $100.  Maybe if I made a business out of it, but for a one-off thing, I'd rather not bother.

Side note, because obviously all the boxes were opened at the Kessel Run for the final match, somehow I got an extra copy of the Avenger pilot for the TIE Interceptor.  I'm going to swing by the store today and drop it off, in case they have the means to contact the guy who won the other one.

 

Congrats Dave.  How was the turnout?  What was your venue?  I just want to cross it off the list as many shops around here are going to be doing events over the next month.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The R5Don4 Star II said:

Congrats Dave.  How was the turnout?  What was your venue?  I just want to cross it off the list as many shops around here are going to be doing events over the next month.

The venue was at Heavy Support Games in Toronto.  If "around here" means the Toronto area, send me that list, as I'd love to get in on another tourney or some kind of X-Wing game night.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I won Slave 1 at one event, and a TIE Interceptor at another event.  I will not sell either because I'm looking forward to playing with them and they are associated with good memoreis and hard fought victories. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

El_Tonio said:

I won Slave 1 at one event, and a TIE Interceptor at another event.  I will not sell either because I'm looking forward to playing with them and they are associated with good memoreis and hard fought victories. 

Exactly.  Every time I play a TIE Interceptor, I'll remember how I clutched out the win in my second game by having my meek little Gold Squadron Pilot stay as best he could at Range 2 and drop Ion tokens on whatever TIE Fighter happened to be in range.

In that same match, I also had the lucky break of pulling Initiative by having my Rebels at 99pts.  When the battle was met, my Wedge moved first, and pulled a Target Lock on Vader, who wound up moving second and colliding with Wedge.  So, no two Actions from Darth, AND he couldn't Cluster Missile my Wedge out early.

Wedge had Swarm Tactics, so I used it to have a nearby Rookie Pilot, who was on Vader's flank at Range 1, light Vader up like a Christmas tree.  Gold Squadron Y-Wing was able to Focus on an Ion Token, so next turn, Vader had no choice but to drift forward 1 and get finished off by the Y-Wing while Wedge and a Rookie Pilot Swarm Tactics'ed out a TIE each turn.

My other Rookie Pilot was on a flank, and I played a little risky with him, probably moved through 5-6 asteroid tokens and only took one hit.  He baited a TIE into going after him, then went the other way and left that TIE out of most of the match.

My opponent played well, but that one collision with Vader was probably what lead to his ultimate defeat.  The Y-Wing on the periphery was just too "out of the way" to deal with, while 3 X-Wings were holding the middle, so the Y-Wing got to basically get away with dropping a Target Lock'ed Ion Token every turn.  That usually made it easy for an X-Wing to go after the disabled TIE, since I knew where it would move to.

I did ultimately lose Wedge and a Rookie Pilot as the match wore on, but in the end, my surving Rookie Pilot lost only one shield (to one of his many statistically anomalous trips through the asteroid tokens) and the Y-Wing lost one shield to a random TIE attack early in the game.

That 360 Ion Turret is easily my mainstay thing in a Rebel list now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

cleardave said:

 

The R5Don4 Star II said:

 

Congrats Dave.  How was the turnout?  What was your venue?  I just want to cross it off the list as many shops around here are going to be doing events over the next month.

 

 

The venue was at Heavy Support Games in Toronto.  If "around here" means the Toronto area, send me that list, as I'd love to get in on another tourney or some kind of X-Wing game night.

 

 

 

http://www.afewmaneuvers.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=495

 

Here you go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The R5Don4 Star II said:

 

Here you go.

Thanks for that link.  I checked in with a few of them, and the only place that could confirm anything was Meeplemart, doing the event sometime in January.  Everyone else either isn't sure when, or has no idea there was even an event to begin with.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nazull said:

Im not selling my ships, But i am looking to get more of the cards from the slave 1

and Falcon

The only way to get those cards is to buy the ships sadly. And right now the only way to get the ships is ebay. Hence I hope to sell my ships and maybe make a profit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Denied said:

 

The only way to get those cards is to buy the ships sadly. And right now the only way to get the ships is ebay. Hence I hope to sell my ships and maybe make a profit.

 

 

I'll buy them off you at MSRP if you want some quick cash.  Since we all paid a nominal fee for entry, or nothing at all, you'll still be making a little profit on the transaction :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

BigDogg said:

you couldn't pry my Falcon out of my game box for any amount of money. the memories envolved with winning it are priceless but i don't judge other players mercenary tendencies.

 

I mean … there is a certain level of fluff involved in selling a Slave-1 that was won over a hard fought series of battles leaving a wake of carnage and shattered dreams. Then gouging the hell out of others who wish to own it for themselves. I believe what I am trying to say here is I am Boba Fett.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Denied said:

I mean … there is a certain level of fluff involved in selling a Slave-1 that was won over a hard fought series of battles leaving a wake of carnage and shattered dreams. Then gouging the hell out of others who wish to own it for themselves. I believe what I am trying to say here is I am Boba Fett.

You summed up a similar feeling I have towards the Toronto Area Kessel Run scene; most retailers couldn't get the kits in time, so will be doing tournaments early in January, so I have a few opportunities to try and win more ships.

With that in mind, I wonder if they'd let me bring my Imperials along with my newly minted TIE Interceptor.  On the one hand, it's a perfectly legitimate playing piece, but because most entrants wouldn't have access to it, I think that would be a big no.

That said, it would be pretty sweet to clutch out a tournament win thanks to Turr Phennir and fill in my ship ranks.  I know it would be unsporting, but my Interceptor craves fresh kills.  That sweet, sweet allure of the Dark Side always beckons…

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Denied said:

 

I mean … there is a certain level of fluff involved in selling a Slave-1 that was won over a hard fought series of battles leaving a wake of carnage and shattered dreams. Then gouging the hell out of others who wish to own it for themselves. I believe what I am trying to say here is I am Boba Fett.

thats why I mentioned mercenary  reir

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I gotta admit, had I won Slave I, I would probably sell it. I mainly play Rebels and in all likelihood, could use the money from the Slave I auction to buy a Falcon and a couple of A-Wings when Wave 2 drops. 

Had I won a Falcon, I probably would have just kept it as I doubt they'll go for that much over retail on eBay. 

I kept my A-Wing and had I won an Interceptor, I'd have kept it as well. They're great ships and I'd rather play with them now than wait! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...