Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The Old Man

How about GoT for cheap, real cheap?

7 posts in this topic

At Amazon it was $19.99.  It started dropping about three days ago and is now $10.99 and eligable for free shipping.  I don't get it, but it's beyond a steal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FLGMwt said:

Mine's on its way ;D The amazing thing is, the hobbit card game is $11.99 on amazon -.-

!!!

Something must be going on, but I don't know what.  GoT in theory is not an everlasting expanding game like AGoT.  I suspect we might see an expansion to make it playable 4-handed and perhaps a few other expansions.  But nothing like LCGs.  So what's the incentive to blow these out so cheap?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Old Man said:

FLGMwt said:

 

Mine's on its way ;D The amazing thing is, the hobbit card game is $11.99 on amazon -.-

 

 

!!!

Something must be going on, but I don't know what.  GoT in theory is not an everlasting expanding game like AGoT.  I suspect we might see an expansion to make it playable 4-handed and perhaps a few other expansions.  But nothing like LCGs.  So what's the incentive to blow these out so cheap?

Sorry to disagree, but I doubt we'll be seeing any more of this game. It will probably stay in production at least until the new season ends, but this is not a game intended for gamers. It is a game for fans of the show and possibly books if they're not reader elitists ; D AGoT and the board game are for gamers. That's not to say these are mutually exclusive groups or that this is a money grab, I just feel like this is a one-off title. I would welcome an expansion as this is an interesting niche of the gaming market. This, the Spartacus game, and Cryptozoic's LotR deckbuilding game I feel form a entry point genre for a gateway market that is usually funneled to Arkham or Pandemic or the like. Just some thoughts. Cheers!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, let's remember to check back at the end of next year to see who was right--it may indeed be you.  However, remember it, if things go right, should be on HBO for a number of years into the future.

Also it went back to $22 on Amazon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Old Man said:

Well, let's remember to check back at the end of next year to see who was right--it may indeed be you.  However, remember it, if things go right, should be on HBO for a number of years into the future.

Also it went back to $22 on Amazon.

Perfect time for mine to arrive ^.^ I think with the expansive card pool of the LCG and the games' core similarity, it might be considered a stepping stone. One thing I didn't consider is the card art. I'm a little less sure about expansions as some players may want a game for the show rather than for the universe. We shall see indeed ;D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FLGMwt said:

this is not a game intended for gamers. It is a game for fans of the show and possibly books if they're not reader elitists ; D AGoT and the board game are for gamers.

What an extraordinarily elitist POV. I know plenty of gamers who are playing it.

Even hardcore gamers don't play hardcore games all the time. I know a guy who will play 15mm Napoleonics with 1000s of miniatures, then go and play fairly basic skirmish games with half a dozen 28mm miniatures.

Yet, in your world, apparantly he shouldn't do that as one game is for gamers, and the other's for noobs just getting into tabletop gaming.

Thankfully the people I spend my time with in real life, like that guy, see games as games, and don't draw elitist views about them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0