Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Grave13

FFG please give us a E-Wing :)

Recommended Posts

Looks to me like the E-Wing suffered reliability problems. Other than that, it's a slightly improved X-Wing. I have no problems with that. Consider that the TIE Interceptor is a considerably upgraded TIE Fighter…

I'd rather not limit players' choices. More ships means more options means more interesting fleet builds. I'd rather see the film fighters first, of course, but after that I'd rather things not dry up.

What am I saying? I want the TIE Bomber and the B-Wing before anything else. Then the Headhunter, which wasn't in the films but is so ubiquitous that it ought to be released anyways. The E-Wing can wait.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

bayruun said:

Looks to me like the E-Wing suffered reliability problems. Other than that, it's a slightly improved X-Wing. I have no problems with that. Consider that the TIE Interceptor is a considerably upgraded TIE Fighter…

I'd rather not limit players' choices. More ships means more options means more interesting fleet builds. I'd rather see the film fighters first, of course, but after that I'd rather things not dry up.

What am I saying? I want the TIE Bomber and the B-Wing before anything else. Then the Headhunter, which wasn't in the films but is so ubiquitous that it ought to be released anyways. The E-Wing can wait.

 

I like those ships too, I dont care what order things may come, but I would like to see an E-Wing eventually.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It sounds weird, but I wouldn't mind a clue ships from Galaxies in the game too. The Headhunter, which Im sure we will get anyways, the TIE oppressor as a direct counter to the B-Wing, and both of the factions' larger crewed ships, whose names I forget.

 

i think you should get your E-Wing, so long as I get my TIE Defender.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Amazing Flight Lizard said:

It sounds weird, but I wouldn't mind a clue ships from Galaxies in the game too. The Headhunter, which Im sure we will get anyways, the TIE oppressor as a direct counter to the B-Wing, and both of the factions' larger crewed ships, whose names I forget.

 

i think you should get your E-Wing, so long as I get my TIE Defender.

I just perused the Galaxies ships the other day, and I really like the MandalMotors designs a lot.  I know the likelihood of those ships ever making to the table in a Galaxy Near Me is slim to none, so I'm probably going to sculpt them myself.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Noooo please not the TIE Oppressor! When it comes to TIE variants it seems very uncommon that a TIE design looks artistically satisfiying and not a kitbash of badly assembled parts!

If we're getting a counterpart to the B-Wing, let it be the TIE Defender. Both of them are leading heavy fighters of their respective sides. Both of them are also remarkably beautiful fighters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Norsehound said:

Noooo please not the TIE Oppressor! When it comes to TIE variants it seems very uncommon that a TIE design looks artistically satisfiying and not a kitbash of badly assembled parts!

If we're getting a counterpart to the B-Wing, let it be the TIE Defender. Both of them are leading heavy fighters of their respective sides. Both of them are also remarkably beautiful fighters.

The Defender keeps the style intact, but offers something different aesthetically and it's stats do as well.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Norsehound said:

Noooo please not the TIE Oppressor! When it comes to TIE variants it seems very uncommon that a TIE design looks artistically satisfiying and not a kitbash of badly assembled parts!

If we're getting a counterpart to the B-Wing, let it be the TIE Defender. Both of them are leading heavy fighters of their respective sides. Both of them are also remarkably beautiful fighters.

Norsehound said:

Noooo please not the TIE Oppressor! When it comes to TIE variants it seems very uncommon that a TIE design looks artistically satisfiying and not a kitbash of badly assembled parts!

If we're getting a counterpart to the B-Wing, let it be the TIE Defender. Both of them are leading heavy fighters of their respective sides. Both of them are also remarkably beautiful fighters.

The Defender keeps the style intact, but offers something different aesthetically and it's stats do as well.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hrathen said:

Please no.  In general I don't want EU, but the E-wing is the worst.

 

 

I am really curious as to how people who disavow ANY expanded universe expect this game to live on for more than a year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When done right the E-Wing can look good i think. But i have issues with the long barrel protruding over the cockpit, expecially since according to the history of it the guns were prone to explode. Though when it comes down to it why bother when you have an X Wing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Easy: new pilots, upgrades, scenarios, game modes, capital ships, repaints.  There's really no need for EU ships.  

 

 

Hrathen said:

 

Please no.  In general I don't want EU, but the E-wing is the worst.

 

 

 

 

I am really curious as to how people who disavow ANY expanded universe expect this game to live on for more than a year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There will be an end. When the ships are complete the product is complete and maybe we will get some repaints or whatever limited dice and acrylic range rulers along with pre-painted 3D-Asteroids ond official playmats.

But ship-wise there will be an end.

 

But dont be sad: Sure there will be new product lines such as "Star Wars:Snowspeeder Ground Warfare" with huge AT-AT and stuff like this where you can spend your money on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like the ewing... it's just an xwing with an awing dial and shields.  Should be a high 20's ship that will probably be the "tie advanced" of the rebels... just doesn't quite fit into most lists.

 

There are tons of EU ships and bound to be a lot of clone war vessels lying around in various states of disrepair (or pristine even). 

 

There are plenty of ties I would like to see and defender is only like #3-4 on the imperial side for my $$$ I would rather see the tie predator, aggressor, and maybe even the droid first.  All three are very "different" instead of just "better".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For the EU haters out there, you do realize they already have an EU ship and a number of EU pilots right? Plus why would you not want more ships? If you dont like the EU ships, then simply dont play them and or ask the people you play with not to play them against you. But i mean seriously, dont try and ruin it for the rest of the people who want more ships, love the EU stuff and want the most choices. Repaints and such can be cool as well, but the game can be so much fuller by them harvesting all of the staw wars lore, not just the classic trilogy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think they could do cool things with the E-Wing, especially if it was like an X-Wing+ but with the chance of pooping out on you at an inopportune moment.

 

I just think it's funny that "EU" even comes into discussion since 75% of the game is technically EU.  Tycho?  EU.  Any named TIE pilot?  EU.  I mean unless it was specifically stated onscreen in one of the films, it's technically from the Extended Universe to one degree or another, and that's before you look at the HWK, Kyle, and Jan being from the Dark Forces games or Roark being the Smuggler character example used throughout an edition or two of the old WEG rpg.

 

That said, I'm all for the Imperial pilots getting their fair share of annoying EU ships.   :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...