Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dobbler

Moonboy Classic 2013 - February 1-3

100 posts in this topic

My place will be open for travelers.  I really do recommend staying here if you like to hang with other players late into the night playing games, eating free food and drinking free drinks.

I have four twin beds, 3 inflatable mattress, a sectional couch that sleeps two and two sleeping pads.

I also have a king size bed that I sleep it, there will be an online auction soon to see who gets to spoon with me.

Dobbler said:

I have four twin beds, 3 inflatable mattress, a sectional couch that sleeps two and two sleeping pads.

I also have a king size bed that I sleep it, there will be an online auction soon to see who gets to spoon with me.

~Good lord, there's gonna be an orgy! Thank god I'm halfway around the world from that cesspool! ;)

Ratatoskr said:

Dobbler said:

~Good lord, there's gonna be an orgy! Thank god I'm halfway around the world from that cesspool! ;)

No, that's what happens in Mathlete's bed and Fox's bed.  Mine is plutonical spooning.

Dobbler said:

No, that's what happens in Mathlete's bed and Fox's bed.  Mine is plutonical spooning.

I don't believe a word you say. Who would have a setup like this

Dobbler said:

four twin beds, 3 inflatable mattress, a sectional couch that sleeps two and two sleeping pads […] a king size bed

and not be into orgies? Where I come from we sleep on narrow, rough wooden planks, and only if we're well off do we get a thin sheet for cover. You Americans are all decadent.

dcdennis said:

DC is having one January 12th. But we figured everyone would be too spent from holdays to travel so we didnt bother announcing it. Not sure it has even been finalized yet though so that could also be the reason for the lack of info.

The NYC guys haven't decided if we're coming down or not. It's going to be tough for me, and personally my enthusiasm for the competitive scene right now is pretty low…. I like the game, but tired of the same old cards. (Looking forward to regionals season, 4-5 chapter packs from now.)

Still, the best part of gaming is the people, and we may make it down just for that. If we do, Dennis, want a rematch? I may try playing something other than Targ burn, which is really no fun now that everyone else is playing it :P

Dobbler said:

My place will be open for travelers.  I really do recommend staying here if you like to hang with other players late into the night playing games, eating free food and drinking free drinks.

if i do decide i can make the trip down i would probably be hitting you up for this offer (: saving any money always good.

The Moonboy Classic is now less than a month away!  I have already received three commitments for people staying at my place.  Let me know if you are coming!

Has there been a consensus reached on the format for Melee?  Will it be traditional rules, or will it indeed be the experimental scoring?

Yes, we'll be playing the melee with our objective rules in order to give them a trial run. Copied over from Facebook, here's the list of objectives, plus Tim's suggested names:

"Queensguard Award" 1) win a challenge as a defender while supporting a title- timing during winner determination before claim
"Aegon Award" 2) win a challenge against all opponents in the same round - timing during winner determination before claim
"Sad Sack Award" 3) lose a challenge against all opponents in the same round - timing during winner determination before claim
"Kill the King Award"4) win three challenges against opponents with more power then you - timing during winner determination of third successfully challenge before claim
"Faceless Man Award" 5) lower an opponent's power total during a challenge in which you are not the attacker or defender (not participating in) - timing during response window
"Monkey Wrench Award" 6) add or remove (blanking/stealing) an icon or keyword to an opponent's character in a challenge in which you are not the attacker or defenders (not participating in) - timing during response window

Glad he was kind enough to write those up for us and offer those suggestions. Along with that info, I'll mention that you get 2 points for each other player you beat at a 4 player table and 3 points each at a 3 player table. Ties are 1 point each. The total max points for a player should be 12.

I have had trouble posting on the threads for 3 days!  Ergh, these boards have become burdensome.

Quick update, as of now, I will have 5 people staying at my place (3 from Iowa, 2 from Kentucky), and possibly a group from Oklahoma.  We also have two from Arkansas coming to the tournament, so we already know we will have 5 states represented!

Kennon said:

Holy cow, this is awesome! I think this is turning into a real event!

Its always been a real event, you wooden puppet you!

I officially will not be there.  I just found out I tore my ACL.  Sorry guys, somoene will have to teach everyone how to party this year…..

Dobbler said:

Kennon said:

Holy cow, this is awesome! I think this is turning into a real event!

Its always been a real event, you wooden puppet you!

Have you met our friends and metamates? I still won't be convinced that some of them are playing until Saturday afternoon.

Also, Jeppedo, that really sucks, man.

So question, now that Reach of the Kraken is supposed to be available next week, it is not going to be legal for the tournament right?

I was asking Greg last night (since the tournament is mainly his brainchild) and he said that it will not be legal for the Moonboy Classic.

I really wish I could make this. Would be nice to meet you all again in a smaller setting than world's. Good luck to everyone. I can't wait to get a sense of the results. First 'Big' tourney since HoD was legal. I am going to go out on a limb and say an anti-HoD deck will win, like GJ Cancel Maesters (Canaesters?)

Good luck to you all!!!

Isn't the objective mode like playing kingsmoot with titles? Have anyone try that??? Did you guys make custom cards for this objectives?? (You could sell them in TC store.

Have a good one,

PS: I'm rooting for baratheon!!! (although i think Martel HoD Dorne can win it….its a very good build….efficient and resilient!!!)

FranciscoG

Looks like I'm not gonna be able to make it after all.  It really feels like everyone decided to do everything on the same weekend, and with an almost 24 hour round trip I just can't make it happen.  Maybe regionals will be less hectic.

Safe travels to all of our incoming players!  It is very cold here in Springfield, MO right now, so be sure to bundle up.

See you tonight and tomorrow!