Sign in to follow this  
Slio9

Mandatory Upgrades

We've run into some confusion over the agenda 'Mandatory Upgrades' If I steal this agenda as the runner will I have 5 ticks to use? I believe you would as the rules state an agenda is active while in any scored area, which stolen agendas are placed, but my friend is certain agenda abilities are corp only. Thanks!

Slio9 said:

We've run into some confusion over the agenda 'Mandatory Upgrades' If I steal this agenda as the runner will I have 5 ticks to use? I believe you would as the rules state an agenda is active while in any scored area, which stolen agendas are placed, but my friend is certain agenda abilities are corp only. Thanks!

Only Corp can use Agende effects

Specifically, under the Corp rules for Agendas, "While an agenda is in the Corporation's score area, itis active and adds its agenda points to his score." (p.14) For the runner, "While an agenda is in the Runner's score area, it adds its agenda points to his score." (p.18) Since the agenda is not active for the runner, the extra click ability can not occur.

If the card text reads, "When you score," then the card text will trigger for the Corp player only.

If the card text reads, "When you steal," then it triggers when the runner steals it only.

Damocles346 said:

If the card text reads, "When you score," then the card text will trigger for the Corp player only.

If the card text reads, "When you steal," then it triggers when the runner steals it only.

To be fair, Mandatory Upgrades does not use either of those phrases.  But the point remains that only the Corp can use scored agenda abilities.