Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
diablo666

Does the FAQ mean the end of new Arkham products??

10 posts in this topic

Descent had a Final FAQ, now we have only a Complete FAQ. Complete is not Final. Plus, at the GenCon they said something like "they won't abandon their best selling line", so I think, sooner or later, something new will arrive. The game has some problems, but the situation is far from being so desperate to justify a new edition. So, yeah, I'm positive at this regard

Anyone against the idea of "Packs". Small expansions that come with fewer big changes instead just a few tweaks. I have a few ideas but,  reconciling the dilution of expacs and things make it harder. Maybe screnario packs that just add or replace a few replacements giving a seperate unique encounter deck for those places as well as a few extra rules or sort of permanant enivoment-style cards, to make those locatons more important. Maybe more things not meant to be played with every game and more special events to mix up the game. Say a pack of 8-10 encounter cards a few big tokens to replace existing loctions, a couple of other cards, and a new pack specific Great One or Herald.  

just Logan said:

Anyone against the idea of "Packs". Small expansions that come with fewer big changes instead just a few tweaks. I have a few ideas but,  reconciling the dilution of expacs and things make it harder. Maybe screnario packs that just add or replace a few replacements giving a seperate unique encounter deck for those places as well as a few extra rules or sort of permanant enivoment-style cards, to make those locatons more important. Maybe more things not meant to be played with every game and more special events to mix up the game. Say a pack of 8-10 encounter cards a few big tokens to replace existing loctions, a couple of other cards, and a new pack specific Great One or Herald.  

Sounds good to me.  Just let me know where to send my money.sonreir

I would like that too.  I wouldn't mind side games based on AH, like a board for each other world that is a game unto itself.    That would be a fun game to play once in a while other than the main game.

I think they could make a killing with Print On Demand mini-expansions that give you just some new Investigators, or Ancient Ones, or Heralds/Instituions/Whatever and some Items/Spells/Stuff.

They could even do small things that create new encounters - something like the Ancient Whispers mechanic in Curse of the Dark Pharoh.

Easy stuff and I'm sure most of us would drop some cash on those kind of things.

just Logan said:

Cthulhu card-game players are lucky- they seem to get new packs all the time. I'd also love to see stuff like this for A-H. Maybe thematic neighborhood location encounters,  2nd areas of places like the Asylum or the Library, or even a whole deck of new encounters to replace the base game's Location and OW cards.

Of course any of us could make our own mini-expansion packs on Strange Eons….

I wish they'd at least do a series of League Scenarios each year or so…

I refuse to give up hope until there is a FULL Yig Expansion (not just a limited-edition, shame-you-weren't-in-Minnesota, Promo Ancient One Sheet).  For that matter, a wintery frozen expansion for Ithaqua is on my hope chest too.