Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GoblynKing

The Enemy Within, who's bought it, and what did you think?

34 posts in this topic

Could someone who's already got their box kindly post a list of components, especially the number of small and large cards included? I'd like to know how many sleeves I will need. Thanks!

Also, the unpacking video is great.

Any Canadians get theirs yet? It is out of stock on Amazon.ca, and most of the shops here in Ottawa don't carry WFRP 3 material anymore :(

I got a copy off ebay for about £35, wasn't on Amazon.uk at that time. Seems well thought out plot so far, still haven't read it all;)

Just finished reading it and I have to say that I LOVE this!!   This is the kind of adventue I was looking for when I bough the core box.  I wasn't expecting much of the background cards but they are awesome!   Whith that said this adventure is supposed to be 30 game sessions.  I assume they mean before the epilogue because the book states that characters should be rank 4 as a min to survive.  Considering the book is split into 4 smaller books with one being the epilogue, I would expect each book to provide 10 sessions for a total of 30.  With the adventure as written, I just don't see that beeping possible….especially book one.  There is a ton of opportunity to expand virtually every encounter as much as the gm would like but as written I just don't see it, if I am wrong please feel free to correct me :).  Book one is also a little bland IMHO, but starting in book two everything is fantastic!!!!

I would love to see 2 more adventure like this in a series.  I know TEW 1st Ed was 6 books total.  So with that inspiration it would Be great to see another 192 pg adventure following tEW, followed by an 192 pg EPIC finale of THE Storm of Chaos!  I know im dreaming but it would still rock!

I had an oportunity to read TEW 3e  version. The adventure is great - the best published for this edition but the reprints of cards I have seen are disapointing. FFG give us a lot of reprinted cards in the adventure form previous expansions. So in my opinion the book is great like the adventure in it, but all other stuff (especialy the reprints) are a big misunderstanding - I did not liked that. Becouse when You buy something new you would like to see new content in it and not reprints from previous ones. This situation shows, in my opinion, the weekest part of 3e - the cards that are expensive and must be reprinted sometimes to fully enjoy a expansion without having the previous ones.

But liked I said the adventure is great in this big book with 192 pages.

Cheers

Beren Eoath said:

I had an oportunity to read TEW 3e  version. The adventure is great - the best published for this edition but the reprints of cards I have seen are disapointing. FFG give us a lot of reprinted cards in the adventure form previous expansions. So in my opinion the book is great like the adventure in it, but all other stuff (especialy the reprints) are a big misunderstanding - I did not liked that. Becouse when You buy something new you would like to see new content in it and not reprints from previous ones. This situation shows, in my opinion, the weekest part of 3e - the cards that are expensive and must be reprinted sometimes to fully enjoy a expansion without having the previous ones.

I agree with your disappointment, because I also was disappointed to find a bunch of cards that I already had and don't need. That being said, I did appreciate that anyone can use TEW, they don't need certain expansions in order to run it, and the book does accommodate in this regard too.

While i understand the disappointment of getting cards that some of us already have, I strongly believe that the goal was to produce an epic campaign that did not require anything more that the core box, and that would be easily converted to 1st or 2nd ed.  while I also to have all of the duplicated cards I respect the fact that this campaign is self contained and semi Edition neutral.    I love the idea that if i were to ever change editons either to 4th or back to 2nd, I could still use this adventure.  If i were to accidentaly lose the cards and components I could still run the campaign.

Gary