Sign in to follow this  
Tawnos

Tycho + Push the Limit

I don't know if this has been brought up yet, so I'm posting it here.

Tycho Celchu: "You may perform actions even while you have stress tokens."

Push the Limit: "Once per round, after you perform an action, you may perform 1 free action shown in your action bar.  Then receive 1 stress token."

By the rules, a pilot can have any number of stress tokens from any number of sources.  Under normal circumstances, stress tokens prevent 2 things: taking actions and performing red manuevers.

So, in theory, Tycho could forego red manuevers in favor of taking 2 actions every turn, piling up a (theoretically) limitless number of stress tokens.

Interesting tidbit: Tycho + Push the Limit = 29 points.  Exact same cost as Vader.  What's the comparison here between Vader and Tycho in this regard?  Tycho has 1 less pilot skill, 1 less hull, (effectively) no pilot upgrade, and has to give up red manuevers for the rest of the game.  Also, Tycho gets Boost instead of Barrel Roll (having not yet been able to play with Boost, I can't draw a reasonable comparison between them).

Not to mention the fact that Tycho's second action from Push the Limit has to come from his Action Bar; Vader has no such restriction.

That does seem to illustrate just how good Vader really is for his cost.

Thoughts?

Well, vader still can't perfom any actions while stressed, Tycho has superior maneuverabiltiy and has the ability to perform a red move, and then boost forward and evade. That seams pretty freaking awesome to me!

I have yet to sit down and make new squads with the new ships/cards, but I imagine there will be some power combos like this. I did notice that the Millenium Falcon Title card costs 1, yet the Slave 1 title card costs 0. Kinda not real sure abou that one. I like to have the cards in front of me when I try to mix and match pilots and combos, so I'll have more to say in February when the wave releases.

But yeah, I think with Tycho, being stressed only means that he can't make red maneuvers, and the awing has tons of green maneuvers (every 2 maneuver and every straight maneuver) he can use to get rid of some of the stress tokens he accumulates so that he can do a red maneuver. Powerful pilot is he, powerful pilot. Too bad he can't have an R2 Astromech to make those 1 turns green as well.

hothie said:

I have yet to sit down and make new squads with the new ships/cards, but I imagine there will be some power combos like this. I did notice that the Millenium Falcon Title card costs 1, yet the Slave 1 title card costs 0. Kinda not real sure abou that one. I like to have the cards in front of me when I try to mix and match pilots and combos, so I'll have more to say in February when the wave releases.

But yeah, I think with Tycho, being stressed only means that he can't make red maneuvers, and the awing has tons of green maneuvers (every 2 maneuver and every straight maneuver) he can use to get rid of some of the stress tokens he accumulates so that he can do a red maneuver. Powerful pilot is he, powerful pilot. Too bad he can't have an R2 Astromech to make those 1 turns green as well.

My guess is that the title is free because all it buys you is the capacity to add torpedoes, which have their own cost. I'd be even more down on torpedoes than I already am if they cost extra to mount on the Slave 1…

And I keep having the same thought about the R2 Astromech, for both Tycho and Lando: wouldn't it be nice if the Falcon had two full rows of green maneuvers?