Sign in to follow this  
Cutievalkyrie

Do we shuffle the common item deck after purchasing food/research material?

Justin Alexander said:

For example, there's Call Down the Storm: A spell that takes up a hand, must be cast during the Movement Phase, and adds +2 to any Combat check that takes place in your neighborhood until the end of the phase.

If your interpretation of the rules were correct, this would be a spell designed to be used during combat (hence the hand requirement) which cannot affect that combat.

No conflict at all with this one. The Phase lasts until all investigators are done with their movement. It's your movement that is over when you enter combat. Two completely different things

Justin Alexander said:

This is something you and Julia seem to do a lot when answering rules questions. It's a bad habit. You should try to break it.

And this is something you should apologize for. If you look at my answers, I cite almost every time the source of what I'm saying. Rules with pages, threads with official answers, or general forum consensum. And please, Tibs was asked by FFG to work on the FAQ project, and his knowledge of the game is considered almost unmatched in the gaming community. Not to mention that most of us will probably follow his logic instead of some rulebook written in haste (look at what happened to the ES rulebook before saying anything about the quality of the rulebooks, thanks)

So, if you're pleased to participate in rules debates, you are certainly welcome. But please avoid personal comments about myself or Tibs. If you are so much better than us in answering rules question, please, be my guest, spend almost your free time here answering ALL the questions while I and Tibs will do something different with our free time.

Julia said:

Just to be a little trolly… let's say the Nighgaunt failed check does not end your movement. So, you enter the OW, and it's still your movement phase. You cast Call Friend, and summon a friend of yours in the same OW (if you're allowed to cast Find Gate after losing a combat check against a Nightgaunt because it's a movement phase spell, then you should be allowed to cast any Movement Phase spell of the deck). Then you cast Find Gate, return to Arkham and, as soon as you return to Arkham, you cast Plumb the Void, teleporting your pal back to Arkham. If you're lucky, this could mean two seals with zero OW encounters. Impressive.

Haha, that's a funny hack! You can't lose with this strategy. =P

Julia said:

Just to be a little trolly… let's say the Nighgaunt failed check does not end your movement. So, you enter the OW, and it's still your movement phase. You cast Call Friend, and summon a friend of yours in the same OW (if you're allowed to cast Find Gate after losing a combat check against a Nightgaunt because it's a movement phase spell, then you should be allowed to cast any Movement Phase spell of the deck). Then you cast Find Gate, return to Arkham and, as soon as you return to Arkham, you cast Plumb the Void, teleporting your pal back to Arkham. If you're lucky, this could mean two seals with zero OW encounters. Impressive.

Nice, Julia.

I thought of this: Luke faces a Nightgaunt on a Gate.  Fails Evade, gets dropped through Gate.  +1 Clue.  Casts Find Gate.  Arrives next to the same Nightgaunt.  Chooses not to ignore it, and encounters it again?  Yadda yadda yadda…+1 Clue.  Repeat as often as Luke has Find Gate Spells.  Works even better if he has a Elder Things Crystal.

Was any of that not legal, according to this new not-well-thought-out ruling?

jgt7771 said:

Nice, Julia.

I thought of this: Luke faces a Nightgaunt on a Gate.  Fails Evade, gets dropped through Gate.  +1 Clue.  Casts Find Gate.  Arrives next to the same Nightgaunt.  Chooses not to ignore it, and encounters it again?  Yadda yadda yadda…+1 Clue.  Repeat as often as Luke has Find Gate Spells.  Works even better if he has a Elder Things Crystal.

Was any of that not legal, according to this new not-well-thought-out ruling?

::clap:: ::clap:: ::clap::

Well said, my friend!