Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Julia

Lair of the Wyrm - rules on line

6 posts in this topic

Next week, according to the preview.

Very exciting to see the rules at last.  (And to finally discover how the Burning condition works.)

Steve-O said:

Next week, according to the preview.

Very exciting to see the rules at last.  (And to finally discover how the Burning condition works.)

Did the rules explain burning?  I thought it didn't.

They did release the card picture, which has the rules.

IIRC, as an action a figure or adjacent figure can put out the burning condition. Otherwise, at the end of the burning figure's turn, it and adjacent friendly figures take 1 heart damage.

noodles said:

Did the rules explain burning?  I thought it didn't.

The rulebook doesn't, but one of the links in the preview is the face of the Burning condition card.

golbeeze said:

IIRC, as an action a figure or adjacent figure can put out the burning condition. Otherwise, at the end of the burning figure's turn, it and adjacent friendly figures take 1 heart damage.

Indeed.  Apparently fire only burns your friends, not your enemies. =P

Steve-O said:

Apparently fire only burns your friends, not your enemies. =P

Probably to prevent a player from using a flaming figure as a "fire ship", charging into a crowd of opponents & damaging them all without any chance to evade or mitigate the damage.  The intent is for it to be a harmful condition, not an offensive ability.

Serendipity … I was just reading earlier about a D&D adventure where a character acquired a potion of fire resistance & some greek fire (napalm), and combined them to ignite himself & charge into a mob of orcs -- human fireball!