Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BigDogg

Wave 3 ships

68 posts in this topic

This game also needs some boxed expansions, not just minis… You know some kind of additional/optional ruleset, along with extra bits & stuff for the playfield (more obstacles like maybe a nebula field). Planets, Star Bases (no obviously not the Death Star). Dunno, just anything you can think of in space that might fit to the Star Wars universe. Always just ships, and then ships again and after that even more ships seems boring to me in the long run.

A-wing really shouldn't have been cheaper/swarm ship. It should be a trade between firepower and speed/agility when compared to a X-wing. 

Though if your looking for roles to fit future ships in. Then the Skipray Blasboat and R-51 Starchaser would fill a new role between large ships and fighters. These ships are basically fighters but with extra slots for other pilots instead of one. The Z-95 would fill the role of the cheap fighter for the rebels but it would still be slightly above a tie fighter since it has shields. The Tie Defender would be the most expensive fighter for the Empire. Then the YT-2400 would offer a different big ship.

Honestly though the top 5 ships that should appear in X-wing before anything else are the B-wing, Tie Bomber, Tie Defender, Z-95, and Outrider(YT-2400). Then the game should go on expanding with new packs of pilots with fighters.

What's the appeal of the Outrider/YT-2400 vs. the YT-1300?  What does it do different?  What role do people who advocate for it see it having?

Agreed, I never was really interested in reading Shadows of the Empire so don't know much about it, but is a YT-2400 really that different to the YT-1300 other than look to justify it?

plokoon9619 said:

A-wing really shouldn't have been cheaper/swarm ship. It should be a trade between firepower and speed/agility when compared to a X-wing. 

Though if your looking for roles to fit future ships in. Then the Skipray Blasboat and R-51 Starchaser would fill a new role between large ships and fighters. These ships are basically fighters but with extra slots for other pilots instead of one. The Z-95 would fill the role of the cheap fighter for the rebels but it would still be slightly above a tie fighter since it has shields. The Tie Defender would be the most expensive fighter for the Empire. Then the YT-2400 would offer a different big ship.

Honestly though the top 5 ships that should appear in X-wing before anything else are the B-wing, Tie Bomber, Tie Defender, Z-95, and Outrider(YT-2400). Then the game should go on expanding with new packs of pilots with fighters.

I still would far rather see the TIE Avenger than the Defender.  The Defender just doesn't do much for me.

shade_1313 said:

I still would far rather see the TIE Avenger than the Defender.  The Defender just doesn't do much for me.

I hate to say it, but the Avenger really isn't different enough from the Advanced to justify a new model - its really just the production model of the advanced.  

With more guns and a tractor beam.  But that's beside the point that my comment was about personal preferences, and the Defender is somewhat fugly.

My personal hopes is that they release the B-Wing and the TIE Bomber wave 3, and then wave 4 start introducing small cruisers like the CR90 Corvette (Blockade Runner from ANH) and the Vigil-Class Corvette (from EU, miniature Star Destroyer) which are fairly close in size (CR90 is 150 meters, Vigil-Class is 225 meters).

Basically my train of thought is to have the current ships out be your dogfighters, and wave 3 be your capital ship destroyers, with wave 4 being the smallest of the capital ships. The B-Wing was designed to take down Star Destoyers, and the TIE Bomber could be equipped with bombs, mines, or torpedoes. My thoughts are to have the B-Wing be able to be equipped with 2 torpedo bays, the ability to have a forward facing ion cannon, and would have 3 primary weapon slots. The TIE Bomber would have 2 bomb bays, 1 torpedo bay, and a large amount of hull points (at least 6, no more than 8).

One flaw though is the B-Wing was much better at dogfighting than the Y-Wing, and the TIE Bomber did not have shields canonically. This would make the B-Wing an amazing ship all around and the TIE Bomber an up-armored TIE Fighter without the manueverability.

As I've said before in other Wave 3 speculation threads, the only concrete rumor we have is the Homing Missiles card art.

That being said, very few people mention the Chiss for Imperials. How awesome would a chiss clawcraft be? There are plenty of examples of pilots. I think there are nearly endless possibilities of ships, and if FFG continues to hold the license, I think Ep 7 TIE-in ships (pun intended. :P) will definitely come out as excitement grows for the new movies.

hothie said:

As I've said before in other Wave 3 speculation threads, the only concrete rumor we have is the Homing Missiles card art.

That being said, very few people mention the Chiss for Imperials. How awesome would a chiss clawcraft be? There are plenty of examples of pilots. I think there are nearly endless possibilities of ships, and if FFG continues to hold the license, I think Ep 7 TIE-in ships (pun intended. :P) will definitely come out as excitement grows for the new movies.

Good point. The Chiss would add an entire new aspect to the Imps, but who would the Rebels get? The Chiss Ascendancy had some pretty awesome fighters.

Rogue_Four said:

hothie said:

Good point. The Chiss would add an entire new aspect to the Imps, but who would the Rebels get? The Chiss Ascendancy had some pretty awesome fighters.

The Hapans, maybe? There is a thread about needing more female pilots. I think Jag's own bodyguard/wingmate is female, IIRC, so she could be a Chiss pilot.

Does the Hapes Consortium have their own unique ships? I do like the idea of adding female pilots. I also think they should make booster packs that are card only. Inculde more pilots like: Wraith Squadron (Ton Phanan, Myn Donos, Garik "Face" Loran, or even Voort "Piggy" saBinring), Rogue Squadron (Wes Janson, Derek "Hobbie" Klivian, Corran Horn). And on the Imp side they can throw in Jagged Fel, Vindoo Barvel, Chrianeau, and Gunn Yage.

I would love a Chiss Clawcraft, but in the game would it really be different enough to a TIE Interceptor to be worth it? (that said I'd love a squad of them even if they are basically redisgned Interceptors)

Here is my two cents.  

Wave 3: B-wing, TIE Bomber, Lambda Class Shuttle and the Virago(Prince Xizor's ship(it's on the gamemasters screen for EotE)). 

Wave 4 will be a CR-90, just in time for Christmas.  WOTC made an AT-AT in time for Christmas.

Finger's crossed.

Thorben_Garthwhitt said:

Here is my two cents.  

Wave 3: B-wing, TIE Bomber, Lambda Class Shuttle and the Virago(Prince Xizor's ship(it's on the gamemasters screen for EotE)). 

Wave 4 will be a CR-90, just in time for Christmas.  WOTC made an AT-AT in time for Christmas.

Finger's crossed.

I couldn't even imagine what a CR90 MSRP would be when an A-wing goes for $14+.

BigDogg said:

We have the wave 2 ships pretty well figured out. Just have to wait for them to be delivered but what do you think the wave 3 ships will be?

Rebels

B-wing

B-wing/E (rear facing gunner)

Imperials

TIE Defender

TIE Aggressor (rear facing gunner)

Lambda-class T-4a shuttle

YT2400 Light Frieghter

B-Wing would be a no-brainer, but I think we'll see TIE bombers before Defenders or Aggressors.

The old Star Warriors from WEG used the following ships

X-wing

Y-Wing

A-Wing

B-Wing

TIE Figther

TIE Interceptor

TIE Interceptor Prototype (A.K.K. TIE Advanced)

TIE Bomber

Lambda-Class Shuttle

Stock Light Freighter (A.K.A. YT-1300)

The Milennium Falcon

Pirate Pinnace

Slave I

Plus Advanced game counters for turrets, asteroids and Star Destroyer.

so we are almost there.