Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ErikB

I saw this and thought of you

6 posts in this topic

Well, yeah.

StTheo's "Helljumper" art started off as Space Marines. He does some 40k art, too. I'm not a huge fan of his work but it's cool enough.

I know this too. It still has some 40k characteristics but his art as changed to fit his own fantasy more than the 40k lore. Its kinda fancy though I do not like some aspects like the sledge-hammer, a combat knife attached on the own heraldry or these ugly horns.^^ A matter of taste.

One of my player's characters wears an ornamental cape. I politely avoid pointing out the likelyhood of said cape making it through even a single mission intact…

Adeptus-B said:

One of my player's characters wears an ornamental cape. I politely avoid pointing out the likelyhood of said cape making it through even a single mission intact…

Bling is a big part of the 40k look though. But Hellsreach describes how the Marines start the campaign with their armour draped in purity seals and banners and prayer scrolls and books chained to shoulderpads and whatnot, but by the end of the battle it has all been burned off , and their suits are chared and covered in burns and scars. Which is quite a nice image.

ErikB said:

Bling is a big part of the 40k look though. But Hellsreach describes how the Marines start the campaign with their armour draped in purity seals and banners and prayer scrolls and books chained to shoulderpads and whatnot, but by the end of the battle it has all been burned off , and their suits are chared and covered in burns and scars. Which is quite a nice image.

Battle-Scars/Damage etc. is just another kind of bling as long as they make you look cool.^^