Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Grave13

My take on a Empire swarm list

9 posts in this topic

Howlrunner / swarm tactics

Obsidian squadron.

Tempest squadron x2

Academy pilot x 2

 

I got six ships so why not.  Thought I would throw this list out there and get your feedback.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Problem with your modification is that he said he only has 6 ships.

But there is consensus that 2 TIE advanced in a 100 point squad are not the strongest builds you can have.

Since I don't (or can't) play tournaments, I never worry about that but just try to have fun. But I agree that you shouldn't take 2 tempest pilots.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

here is a revision of my list.

 

Vader / Swarm tactics.

Mauler.

Howlrunner / Determination

Dark Curse.

Backstabber.

 

Its a simple 99 pt list that has alot of the nasty star pilots in it,  A handful of ships in the list have a roll an additional dice, considering the empire lacks the real punch unlike the shooting power of an X-wing, The idea is to get in close and get mean. get in range band one to optimise dice rolls and Howlrunner is there to re-roll a failed dice roll for an extra chance to hit. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Grave13 said:

here is a revision of my list.

 

Vader / Swarm tactics.

Mauler.

Howlrunner / Determination

Dark Curse.

Backstabber.

 

Its a simple 99 pt list that has alot of the nasty star pilots in it,  A handful of ships in the list have a roll an additional dice, considering the empire lacks the real punch unlike the shooting power of an X-wing, The idea is to get in close and get mean. get in range band one to optimise dice rolls and Howlrunner is there to re-roll a failed dice roll for an extra chance to hit. 

 

I don't really like swarm tactics after using it in quite a number of games, it's difficult to get everybody within range 1 to do those swarm tactics strings, and it's really only useful when up against named pilots with little hp left. so I'd change it to squad leader, then give Mauler determination too to get yourself to 100 pts.

 

if you meet another 99 point squad, you will have to coin toss for initiative anyway, so you'd rather just go 100 pts and let him have it. sides, you aren't likely to me moving first anyway, especially with a minimum of 6 pilot skill

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

im looking at this now on my Empire list.

Vader / Marksmanship

Backstabber.

Howlrunner

Mauler Mithel / Determination

Dark Curse

not sure about marksmanship on vader may want to try expert handling. for definsive reasons

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have even been toying with this Idea too.

 

Darth Vader / determination

Howlrunner / Squad leader

Mauler Mithel / determination

Backstabber

Dark Curse

100 pts.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Grave13 said:

 

I have even been toying with this Idea too.

 

Darth Vader / determination

Howlrunner / Squad leader

Mauler Mithel / determination

Backstabber

Dark Curse

100 pts.

 

 

 

 

I'd put squad leader on darth vader, then determination on howlrunner, or take them all away and give vader a concussion

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Duraham said:

Grave13 said:

 

I have even been toying with this Idea too.

 

Darth Vader / determination

Howlrunner / Squad leader

Mauler Mithel / determination

Backstabber

Dark Curse

100 pts.

 

 

 

 

I'd put squad leader on darth vader, then determination on howlrunner, or take them all away and give vader a concussion

 

hmmm now a concussion does sound fun…I think i'll do just that :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0