Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Eruletho

Slave 1 / TIE-I / A-Wing spoilers

43 posts in this topic

Well that was so easy I might as well load up some pictures of the ship.

P1030121

P1030120

And here's one of the last few rounds of the final match, just for fun (taken from my phone).

Man I can't wait until these things hit stores!

The Millennium Falcon won. It was a tight game, considering neither of the players knew what to do with these ships. One A-wing was vaped early on, so it looked promising, but the Falcon can sure take a beating. There were also a couple of times where the Falcon managed to get outside both of the Firespray's firing arcs, which really hurt. That 360 degree primary weapon on the YT-1300 is incredible.

All I can say is wow, I cant wait to get the next wave. And Am I understanding the boost action right, That all it is , is pretty much an extra movement after your initial movement?

Grave13 said:

All I can say is wow, I cant wait to get the next wave. And Am I understanding the boost action right, That all it is , is pretty much an extra movement after your initial movement?

You bet. It's basically like a forward barrel roll.

Parakitor said:

Grave13 said:

You bet. It's basically like a forward barrel roll.

And on the ships with large bases, the boost action is incredible. I believe hothie posted that even though the Falcon (and I assume the Slave too) has to setup touching the back edge of the map, with a 4 straight followed by a boost, that puts it halfway across the map. On turn one.

Love the text for the prototype pilot: "only the most talented pilots belong in an A-Wing Cockpit"; on the pilot skill 1 card.  There should have been a troll-face after that statement . . . :D

That might have something to do with the fact that all their skills are focused on not going out of control so they can't focus on being as awesome as they would be in an X-wing or something.

I just realized that the Imperials now have the ability to run a stupidly viable 4-ship list.

Soontir Fel - 27 points
Turr Phennir - 25 points
2x Alpha Squadron Pilot - 36 points total
4x Stealth Device - Priceless (actually, 16 points… but still)
100 points even, but when you can't get hit, initiative doesn't matter

That's 4 Tie-I's with 3 attack, 4 agility, and the ever-damning Evade. Good luck ever hitting this squad before it eliminates most of your best pilots. Soontir is rewarded for using red maneuvers by granting him a free focus token (as if he hadn't lost his action for the turn at all due to the stress) and Turr is going to be hard to keep a bead on with his free barrel rolls and boosts when he shoots.

Carist said:

Soontir Fel + Push the Limit = 2 actions and a focus.

Wow

Wow, indeed. He's like Vader, if Vader did more damage, had Boost, and got an additional action every round. I have a hard time imagining an Imperial squad that doesn't include Fel, right now, although I'm sure I'll think of some by February.