Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Eruletho

X-Wing Squad Builder

64 posts in this topic

Ahh it's broke.  On my iPad at least. Not sure if it's the hover thingy or one click that did it.  Have to click twice and sometimes it'll add, sometimes not. Just thought I'd let ya know. 

I have another problem - I've saved a few lists but I can't acces them. I'm logged in, I click "Mange" and the only thing that shows up is "4 Squadrons Found" and it goes no further than that :( I've checked it on Chrome, Firefox and my friend's iPad.

I think I need to revert to the old system for adding pilots on touchscreens. The tooltips work great with a mouse but not on iPads, etc.

I'll add it to my list.

vs

I've got to say I'm very impressed with the progress you've made with this builder. It is much improved over it's original incarnation and I like that you can save lists and track wins and losses.

One question, I try to click the log in button but nothing happens.  Facebook is blocked at my work though, could that be the problem?

Edit: I also notice that when choosing Steath Device the ships agilty changes to reflect both the base and the increased agility from the mod. Would it be possible for a similar thing to happen when you take Vet Instincts to increase your pilot skill?

Acebaur said:

I've got to say I'm very impressed with the progress you've made with this builder. It is much improved over it's original incarnation and I like that you can save lists and track wins and losses.

Thanks.

Acebaur said:

One question, I try to click the log in button but nothing happens.  Facebook is blocked at my work though, could that be the problem?

Yes. Without Facebook there's no logging in. Sorry.

Acebaur said:

Edit: I also notice that when choosing Steath Device the ships agilty changes to reflect both the base and the increased agility from the mod. Would it be possible for a similar thing to happen when you take Vet Instincts to increase your pilot skill?

Why would you do that? The card's addition to Pilot Skill isn't optional. Once you buy that upgrade, the Pilot Skill is fixed at the new level.

Right, what I'm saying is the PS on the pilot you selected Vet Instincts for doesn't change at all.  It would be cool if it changed to the new skill level, though I don't know if that's possible(I assume so if you can make the Agility change)

Acebaur said:

Right, what I'm saying is the PS on the pilot you selected Vet Instincts for doesn't change at all.  It would be cool if it changed to the new skill level, though I don't know if that's possible(I assume so if you can make the Agility change)

Oh, I see. Sorry. I completely misundersttod what you were suggesting.

That's a great idea. I'll add it to my list. :D

vs

Kaxel Vofer said:

It is a wondeful work, I really enjoy it, thanks for the page, greettings.

Thanks pillo

Also, just a quick bump to say I'e added a couple of improvemenets to the squadron lister. It now shows you how many squadrons match your filters, and also lets you filter squadrons by a specific ship type.

Cheers

vs

AncientAngel said:

Do you mind if I put a direct link to your squadron builder on my blog?

Of course not!

BTW, not sure if you've noticed but you signature is broken…

voidstate said:

AncientAngel said:

Do you mind if I put a direct link to your squadron builder on my blog?

Of course not!

BTW, not sure if you've noticed but you signature is broken…

I have tried to fix it several times with no luck on getting it to display correctly. Might be an issue with the software on my tablet. 

voidstate said:

Kaxel Vofer said:

It is a wondeful work, I really enjoy it, thanks for the page, greettings.

Thanks pillo

Also, just a quick bump to say I'e added a couple of improvemenets to the squadron lister. It now shows you how many squadrons match your filters, and also lets you filter squadrons by a specific ship type.

Cheers

vs

I've gotten a lot of use out of the squad builder and was wondering about the ship type filter. I don't kniow if this would take way too much work to do, but figured it doesn't hurt to ask.  Right now you have it so you can click on a ship type it will list all squads with that type in the squad. Any future plans on making the filter more in depth with something along the line of a quantity box for each ship type so players could search for squads containing multiple ship types and limit the number of each. So for example a new player who has a core set and one of each wave one expansion could search for squads including up to 1 Y-Wing and up to 2 X-Wings and not end up with a bunch of results that use more ships than he has available. Seems like it would be very useful for new players as well as vets who can't just go out and pick up 100 points worth of each ship type just in case they might eventually build a squad that needs that many ships of that type. Also very handy for when new waves comes out and players are slowing picking up the new ships as funds allow.

Grape Starburst said:

I've gotten a lot of use out of the squad builder and was wondering about the ship type filter. I don't kniow if this would take way too much work to do, but figured it doesn't hurt to ask.  Right now you have it so you can click on a ship type it will list all squads with that type in the squad. Any future plans on making the filter more in depth with something along the line of a quantity box for each ship type so players could search for squads containing multiple ship types and limit the number of each. So for example a new player who has a core set and one of each wave one expansion could search for squads including up to 1 Y-Wing and up to 2 X-Wings and not end up with a bunch of results that use more ships than he has available. Seems like it would be very useful for new players as well as vets who can't just go out and pick up 100 points worth of each ship type just in case they might eventually build a squad that needs that many ships of that type. Also very handy for when new waves comes out and players are slowing picking up the new ships as funds allow.

I'm glad you like it and I like your suggestion a lot.

Unfortunately, the squadrons are not stored as a relationally as they should be but as text. I did this when I started the Squadron Builder to save time but it now means I can't query the data very effectively. That'll learn me, I guess.

I may be able to add a filter for individual pilots (so Luke Skywalker not just X-Wings) but I don't think I could do numbers.

I have thought about something in the builder where you put what sets you have and it disables everything you don't own but I wasn't sure people would use it and it'd be quite a lot of work to implement. Do you think that's something you'd find useful?

Cheers

vs

voidstate said:

Grape Starburst said:

I'm glad you like it and I like your suggestion a lot.

Unfortunately, the squadrons are not stored as a relationally as they should be but as text. I did this when I started the Squadron Builder to save time but it now means I can't query the data very effectively. That'll learn me, I guess.

I may be able to add a filter for individual pilots (so Luke Skywalker not just X-Wings) but I don't think I could do numbers.

I have thought about something in the builder where you put what sets you have and it disables everything you don't own but I wasn't sure people would use it and it'd be quite a lot of work to implement. Do you think that's something you'd find useful?

Cheers

vs

Glad you liked the suggestion even if, as I expected, it can't be done. I basicly thought of it because when I first decided to try a Rebel squad I only had 3 X-Wings and a Y-Wing so I wanted to search for builds that I could put together without going through a bunch of 4 X-Wing builds.

The disabling ships would be a step up from the current search where you can limit it to squads containing a particular ship, but unless a lot of people really want it its probably not worth the effort it would take to implement it.

Slamdunk74 said:

Tried to access the builder tonight and can't get there. Has something happened?

It's only appear a blank page, but i really enjoy the Squad Builder, thanks, greettings.