Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Eruletho

X-Wing Squad Builder

64 posts in this topic

Saw this while perusing the BGG forums, it's a faceboo-integrated squad builder somebody made for the game. It's got all the stats, keeps your squad point value up to date for you, and lets you save and modify saved squads tied to your facebook account. It's pretty cool, even if it runs just a bit slow.

http://x-wing.voidstate.com/build

Alamoth said:

I'm assuming you coded it up to just "wait 1,000,000" while that Loading image is displayed, yeah?

A great loading graphic like that takes time to properly appreciate. :D

Seriously, I'm sorry you had a problem. What platform/browser (and version) were you using? I know a few people have struggled a bit on iPads but I thought I'd fixed that.

If you open the console (normally F12), do you see an error message?

Cheers

vs

I did run into an issue with Chrome and pulling up a saved squad via the Manage button

TypeError
  1. argumentsArray[2]
  2. get messagefunction () { [native code] }
  3. get stackfunction () { [native code] }
  4. set messagefunction () { [native code] }
  5. set stackfunction () { [native code] }
  6. type"non_object_property_load"
  7. __proto__Error

add the character to your squad, then once the ship is in that bigger window, click the arrow to the left of his name to expand his stats down, if they aren't already. Once that's done, you should see boxed with his possible upgrades. Click the box, and it pulls up a list of everything that can go in that slot. I haven't had any problems adding elite talents to any of the pilots I've thrown them on so far.

Void, had I know you would be on these fourms, I would have thrown in a thank you. I like this particular builder the best of the ones presented so far, and it even loads up on my tablet and phone, so I can manage squads on the go. I really like the wins/losses function in the squad management window, so you can track how well each squad does… awesome job!

Yep, I'm loving this squad builder, too. Great job. I, too, love the win/loss tracker. You can be sure I'll be updating this after each game I play with my Pick Your Targets squad.

I noticed an error, though. Black Squadron Pilots are supposed to have an Elite Pilot Talent slot, but it's conspicuously missing.

Keep up the excellent work!

Alright, I finally got to try this out at home, and it looks like whatever plugins it needs just weren't supported at work.

This is pretty sweet.

I really like this, so my next suggestionisn't a criticism…but do you foresee a way if another friend/player is using this program, I could select their squad and declare whether or not I defeated it and have them confirm the result?

Alamoth said:

Alright, I finally got to try this out at home, and it looks like whatever plugins it needs just weren't supported at work.

This is pretty sweet.

Is facebook blocked at yor work? I have a suspicion that that might be the reason some people are having trouble with it not loading…

voidstate said:

Is facebook blocked at yor work? I have a suspicion that that might be the reason some people are having trouble with it not loading…

Yes it is. Good call.

Facebook isn't blocked at my work.  I get the loading screen for the Manage section on Chrome & IE9.  At work and at Home.

WarLokk said:

Facebook isn't blocked at my work.  I get the loading screen for the Manage section on Chrome & IE9.  At work and at Home.

A few people seem to be having this problem. I've added more error checking to the app. Hopefully that'll tel me why… :/

I have added the Elite Pilot Talent for Black Squadron pilots, though. So now you can do this:

==============================
Howlrunner Swarm Tactics Chain
==============================
100 points

Pilots
------

Howlrunner (20)
Upgrades: Swarm Tactics (2)

Black Squadron Pilot (16)

:D

vs

I'm having the same issue of the loading screen hanging after I click manage. I've tried it on my home and work comp in Chrome, IE, and Firefox.

Just a quick *bump* to let you guys know that I've added A-Wings and TIE Interceptors to the Squadron Builder.

The Millenium Falcon and Slave-1 are proving more tricky though… :/

Reikkoil said:

Thanks a ton Voidstate.  I've been using your app a lot lately and really like the way it's set up.

Glad you like it!

Another new feature today: each pilot and upgrade not tels you which expansion it's from to help you only choose cards and ships you actually own.

http://x-wing.voidstate.com/build

Cheers

vs

Wow, that's one of the best squad builders for X-Wing i've seen :) The acces through fb and option to track win/loose ratio is great!

When can we hope for introduction of title and modifications card? ;)

PS. And some minor bug - Heavy Lasser Cannon is not a turret and thus cannot be taken by Y-Wings. Respectively Ion Cannon Turret is diffrent than Ion Cannon and shall not be available for Firesprays :P

Shanturin said:

Wow, that's one of the best squad builders for X-Wing i've seen :) The acces through fb and option to track win/loose ratio is great!

Thanks!

Shanturin said:

When can we hope for introduction of title and modifications card? ;)

Very soon. I've added the data in, I just need to code up the new restrictions (modifications on any ship, titles on specific types)

Shanturin said:

PS. And some minor bug - Heavy Lasser Cannon is not a turret and thus cannot be taken by Y-Wings. Respectively Ion Cannon Turret is diffrent than Ion Cannon and shall not be available for Firesprays :P

Oops. And there was me thinking the Y-Wing might stop being such a turkey. :P

I'll fix that!