Sign in to follow this  
StupidPanic

Kessel Run - Problem / Fake Venues ???

If a store opts to participate in the KR event, they should abide by the guidelines set frth by FFG.  Otherwise opt to not participate.

A good solution for a 2 tournament and 1 prize package sceraio would be has Players 1 & 2 from each tournament face off in a championship round and determine First through Fourth place overall.

Just my $0.02

There too much "kid in a candy store" behavior though.  I may play in 0-2 KRT's but honestly I don't expect to come home with free miniatures and it is not the purpose of playing.  It won't hurt me to wait a bit longer and spend the money for teh models I like.  The KRT would be great fun as the first opportunity for an event with this fine game.

If you're not having fun, you're doing it wrong.

rdobyns said:

Not necessarily, there are already some Falcon's floating around as they were prize support for the World Champs last month. If Slave 1, A-wing or Interceptor were there, then you would have cause to complain.

godofcheese said:

Not necessarily, there are already some Falcon's floating around as they were prize support for the World Champs last month. If Slave 1, A-wing or Interceptor were there, then you would have cause to complain.

Check the sellers other listings…

The prices make me wonder if he isn't just pre-selling in advance of the February release.  I'd think if someone had the ships from the kit in hand and was trying to sell them early that they'd be asking for a more premium price.  Just a thought.

Jim

Eh, people will bid it up regardless, possibly for more than what they would have set.

HA. Wow. Ok, so it looks like cross referencing the ebay seller with the list of tourneys, Discount Games Inc.

Discount Games Inc is in Idaho but they do not appear on the tournament list.  Admittedly, their ebay listings make it look nefarious but they could have easily acquired them by other means.  Hopefully FFG checks out any suspicious circumstances and keep everything on the up and up.

I checked with another unnamed store that is listed as a tournament location but they have no announcements or dates for this event.  I inquired about it and was told that although they do have the kit in hand, they have no dates set.  The clerk who initially answered my call seemed dumfounded about this event and had to go ask someone else.  He told me he never heard of it.  Another case of dubious circumstances but we'll keep an eye out and rat out the guilty parties.

hi panic sorry to hear of your issues

i will be running a kessel run in harlow just outside london on the 16th looking at starting around 10.30 am-11am

we have 8 places and 6 are booked at this time

the store is marquee models you can contact them on 01279423334

hope this helps

Curious if anyone else have heard of issues with delivered Kessel Run kits not containing the correct number of models?  It seems that the kit my local store receieved only has 1 A-Wing and 1 Tie Intercepter.  Kind of a bummer but we'll make it work.