Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Emirikol

Graeme Davis' Other Project: Colonial Gothic

5 posts in this topic

I have the book. I've read it, but never had a chance to play it. The book is not very well written and has a number of inconsitencies that make you ask "Huh?" 

Some good ideas, and a neat setting, but overall not my favorite game I've ever read. Of course, as I said, I haven't played a game of it yet, only read the book a couple of times.

I've purchased every single book in that series just to be so short of time that I haven't been able to read them properly. That said, having flipped through them, I much enjoyed the setting and the alternate history in there.

cparadis said:

I have the book. I've read it, but never had a chance to play it. The book is not very well written and has a number of inconsitencies that make you ask "Huh?" 

You're right, but steps have been taken. The new 2nd edition rulebook has been extensively edited, cleaned up, and reordered. Richard and I hope that we've taken care of all the problems. It's also backwards compatible with everything that's currently in print for the game.