Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
richsabre

Still Problems posting (update)

17 posts in this topic

just wanted to give this a slight bump as several gamers are  still having issues and cannot post. a gaming friend says that it is affecting mac/ios owners

so if you are having problems and know how to fix this id appreciate some help. cangrejo (that smiley will have to do as for some reason the descriptions are in spanish ……)

anyways pm me

thanks

rich

I noticed that there is no "post" or "reply" button if you are browsing the forums when you are not logged in.  Other than that, I haven't noticed any changes (what do you mean by sleeker look?).  Actually, I'm not even sure that the lack of a "post" button is a change, either.

GrandSpleen said:

I noticed that there is no "post" or "reply" button if you are browsing the forums when you are not logged in.  Other than that, I haven't noticed any changes (what do you mean by sleeker look?).  Actually, I'm not even sure that the lack of a "post" button is a change, either.

when i go to post the post-window is 'newer' looking. i thought it may have something to do with this update. i have heard from 3 people now who have this problem

rich

richsabre said:

i have recieved a message from a fellow gamer that he is having problems posting in the board since monday. i think it may have something to do with this new sleeker look

has anyone else experienced posting issues this week?

thanks

rich

Yes… can't post from my work computer.  Get a "error on page" comment in the status bar below…

EDIT:  Creepy.  I got the error even with this post… it paused a few moments, then ended up loading/posting anyways.  But for this last week, anything I have tried to post or reply to has not gone through…

Well, I seem to be able to post now, so hopefully all others can as well… I just assumed it was something with my work computer glitching…

Test post. I could not post for last week at all. Now it seems that FFG managed to make it work again. I was getting an error in javascript. It resulted in not being able to post (on some computers publish button would do nothing) or didn't get post window at all. 

Yesterday on an old win XP computer I could at least log my quests but was not able to post anything. Today it seems to work better. If you experienced same problem please check again as it might have been fixed. 

wojo said:

Test post. I could not post for last week at all. Now it seems that FFG managed to make it work again. I was getting an error in javascript. It resulted in not being able to post (on some computers publish button would do nothing) or didn't get post window at all. 

Yesterday on an old win XP computer I could at least log my quests but was not able to post anything. Today it seems to work better. If you experienced same problem please check again as it might have been fixed. 

thanks for letting us know wojo

forum's slow for me but nothing new there haha

rich

just wanted to give this a slight bump as several gamers are  still having issues and cannot post. a gaming friend says that it is affecting mac/ios owners

so if you are having problems and know how to fix this id appreciate some help. cangrejo (that smiley will have to do as for some reason the descriptions are in spanish ……)

anyways pm me

thanks

rich

Few days ago I have sent a message to FFG webmaster describing the problem I had and asking for any advice. I have not received anything back but if I do I will let you know.

You can try updating your software (operating system, browser) although I am sure that this not helped in my case (I think FFG updated their code and it solved my issue). 

As for other things send messages to FFG (contact form should work for you) and describe your problem. Maybe they are just not aware of your particular issue? Or maybe if they get flooded by reports they will start working on it. 

I have not been able to post for the past week or so, but just discovered that it works now. However, all the tool tips are now in Spanish for some reason. The forums seem slower than normal. Weird.

Also contacted the webmaster but got no response.

I was unable to post in the last couple of weeks, but today it let me.

I also send a message to the webmaster and never got a reply….

impaulm said:

It's funny, now when I post, the text editing software is all in spanish… 

yes it is strange, i have also been getting that….actually looking at the window im typing on it still is

Haven't tried FF recently, but have finally been able to post with Chrome. I too sent a message to the webmaster, heard back (about clearing cache, didn't help). Still kinda funky at times (even for these forums), but at least I can again set crazy rules-manglers straight.

Okay. I'm now posting this via safari from my iPad. So I think the problem is solved. I got an answer back from the webmaster about a week after all is began. I tried what he suggested and posted back as it didn't help. This I about a week ago. I never got a second answer but ow it seems to work. Though I think FFG should have answered the mails I'm also quiet happy that they maybe used their resources to fix the problem instead of continue using time to answer all the mails. So in a way, kudos to FFG :)

and to you rich as well, thanks for being our spokesman while we where unabled :)