Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Denied

Custom made plastic X-wing templates

34 posts in this topic

So one of the guys in my local gaming club has a company that dose custom laser cutting and we have been convincing him to make custom cut templates for the various games we play. Recently we got him to cut us some plastic X-wing templates and I am really happy with them as they wont bend and wear down like the ones that come in the box set. If you guys are interested I suggest checking him out http://www.appliedperspective.com/acrylic/

484252_10102615675597070_322312662_n.jpg

Is it just a camera trick or are the 45 degree banks wider than the turns and straights? They look friggin' dope. Take the X-wing off the range ruler if they're to be sold, though. :)

Yeah the X-wing on there was a custom thing he did just for me because I'm a friend, he isn't going to sell it with them. Also any thye are exactly the same size as and thickness as the ones in the core set any thing looks off its becauser my camera sucks and the photo was at an angle. 

Vorpal Sword said:

Denied said:

He was charging like $14.99 for the full set. 

Get him to put them up on the website, and I'd seriously consider it. (c:

I will let him know everyone is loving them. I jusat picked them up from him to night and as it stands I couldn't be happier with the product so I hope others can get some and enjoy. 

Theterrainstudio said:

Does anyone know the degree measurements for the curves?

It should be 45 for the bank and 90 for the turn.

Pass on this message:

I MAY buy a set of range rulers, but i'd DEFINITELY buy a plastic manouver dial for each of my ships.

Hey, if they get posted for sale on the website I'm sure to pickup a set. They'll allow me to play for fun and save the originals for tournaments.

BigDogg said:

Hey, if they get posted for sale on the website I'm sure to pickup a set. They'll allow me to play for fun and save the originals for tournaments.

There is no reason you couldnt use these for tournaments they are the exact same size. 

godofcheese said:

Theterrainstudio said:

Does anyone know the degree measurements for the curves?

It should be 45 for the bank and 90 for the turn.

Pass on this message:

I MAY buy a set of range rulers, but i'd DEFINITELY buy a plastic manouver dial for each of my ships.

If you want custome stuff contact him, he can do a lot of really cool stuff. 

These are really nice. They would definitely hold up much longer than the cardboard cutouts that come with the game. A quick perusal of the official tournament rules don't specify anything about using the FFG-provided materials other than the Ship Cards, Upgrade Cards and the Models (which you can paint if you desire so long as it's unoffensive).

dashrendar said:

Can he do different colors? Would be awesome to also have a red range ruler and differnt color maneuvering pieces for each side.

Yeah he can do different colors he has a bunch of different plastics and colors on his website you can look through and choose the one for you.

These are great, I would love to get a set for fun games but according to the Official Tournament Rules these will not be legal for tournament play.  

Proxies are not allowed during tournament play. Each player must use only the components included in official X-Wing products.

Carist said:

These are great, I would love to get a set for fun games but according to the Official Tournament Rules these will not be legal for tournament play.  

Proxies are not allowed during tournament play. Each player must use only the components included in official X-Wing products.

Yeah as long as they are the same measurments no one is going to call you on it. That "Proxies" reference is more about the models then anything, not the templates.

Like I will be using these for several official FFG tournaments …. At FFG and I garuntee no one will say a thing about it as long as i demonstrate they are the same shape and size.