Sign in to follow this  
Gavinfoxx

Suggestions for Homebrew Alternate Rank for Explorator? RT Factor/Emissary equivalent?

Hi there, I am trying to figure out for a homebrew alternate rank for Explorator, to be taken at Rank 1 (5000xp).  I'm looking for something that is conceptually similar to the DH- Lathe Worlds 'Factor' or DH-IH 'Bonded Emissary' option, perhaps also taking some inspiration from RT-ITS 'Navis Scion', as a more socially oriented variation of a base career option.

I am looking for suggestions on how to write up such a thing.  The type of Explorator that is meant to represent the Mechanicum to others, as asocial emissary, and to not be as frightening to non-mechanicum folk, and thereby be able to convince them to allow greater mechanicum presence in locations where they are not a dominant power.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Gavinfoxx said:

Hi there, I am trying to figure out for a homebrew alternate rank for Explorator, to be taken at Rank 1 (5000xp).  I'm looking for something that is conceptually similar to the DH- Lathe Worlds 'Factor' or DH-IH 'Bonded Emissary' option, perhaps also taking some inspiration from RT-ITS 'Navis Scion', as a more socially oriented variation of a base career option.

I am looking for suggestions on how to write up such a thing.  The type of Explorator that is meant to represent the Mechanicum to others, as asocial emissary, and to not be as frightening to non-mechanicum folk, and thereby be able to convince them to allow greater mechanicum presence in locations where they are not a dominant power.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

I see no reason why just not rip the Factor of the Lathes almost straight out. I would make it a bit more ambiguous in origin, not tying it directly to the Lathes, and a bit more overtly Mechanicus.

Just don't forget to adjust the costs of the advances appropriately, though.