Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DrUnK3n_PaNdA

The Assault Missiles Thread- By popular demand

53 posts in this topic

Nazull said:

Has there been an A-Wing spoiler, to show that the  A-Wings gets to use Assault missiles,

I thought A-wings use P.Ts in the old X-Wing game.

FFG posted some pictures on there expansion pack preview.  It looks like they come with concussion missile cards and a new missile maybe Homing Missile.  But based on the pictures FFG posted they don't come with Assault Missile card, but do have the missile upgrade icon

magadizer said:

I again think this cost fear is unfounded. The picture for Slave 1 shows that the Assault missiles come with it. Almost everyone playing this game with the dedication to be on these forums is going to buy both the slave 1 and Falcon. (Read the threads on "how many models do you own etc." for some testimony to this.)

So "everyone" will have 2 of these cards to play with, and can you really see running more than 2 of these in a squad for competitive play at the point cost?

To answer the other question, if the preview pics are acccurate, A-wings do not have the Assault missiles card, but they have the Concussion and Cluster missiles card from the TIE adv, as well as a new Homing missiles card.

My point is that if you did want to SPAM them then it costs $30 per card.  You are forced to buy expensive stuff you don't want just so you can build the particular build that you wanted to try out.

Hrathen said:

magadizer said:

I again think this cost fear is unfounded. The picture for Slave 1 shows that the Assault missiles come with it. Almost everyone playing this game with the dedication to be on these forums is going to buy both the slave 1 and Falcon. (Read the threads on "how many models do you own etc." for some testimony to this.)

So "everyone" will have 2 of these cards to play with, and can you really see running more than 2 of these in a squad for competitive play at the point cost?

To answer the other question, if the preview pics are acccurate, A-wings do not have the Assault missiles card, but they have the Concussion and Cluster missiles card from the TIE adv, as well as a new Homing missiles card.

My point is that if you did want to SPAM them then it costs $30 per card.  You are forced to buy expensive stuff you don't want just so you can build the particular build that you wanted to try out.

I understood your (hypothetical) point. However, my point is, is this really something to worry about in actuality?