Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Surtur

California East Bay/Alemeda County

21 posts in this topic

Anyone from around this area give me a PM I'd love to find someone new who is interested in this game that can give me a good challenge.

I used to live up there but I'm now down in So Cal.

However, we are going to be running XWing at KublaCon 2013 so I'll try to keep you updated.

There was an event at Endgame in Oakland about a month ago. Also, Game Kastle in Santa Clara is running the Kessel Run event on 12/15. Other than that, you might try Ronin Games in Castro Valley.

Nice to hear there will be an event at Kubla. Perhaps there will be an event at Dundracon in San Ramon in February.

Not a big fan of going to Oakland. I'd like to play a game, not play duck and cover.

I'd go to Ronin, but that could cause problems with a person who I knew that was laid off from GW and is rather bitter about it because he didn't realize how few friends he had made. So I don't know how he would react to me.

Game Kastle is alright, just a bit of a drive. I'm in Livermore/Dublin/Pleasanton area and it is surprisingly sparse with gaming shops so I've gotten used to drives to Concord, San Jose, Martinez and Brentwood.

I'm in Dublin as well, so I know we are in something of a dead area if you don't want to drive a bit. I enjoy Endgame and they've always been great to me, but I get the whole Oakland thing. Castro Valley is about a third of the drive to Oakland.

Endgame's not in a bad spot.  All the times I've gone there there's only been one issue with a crazy homeless dude.  Plus it's only 1 block from the 12th st BART station.

Game Kastle opened a store in Fremont and will be running the Kessle Run on Dec 15th. They also have several tables open for gamers.

I'm right next to Fremont (Union City) and work in Livermore. It would be nice to have a central location and good group of people to play with.

Well, it seems like Ronin may be the best place to meet up. How would you all feel about meeting up there next Saturday?

I guess Friday would work, I was just concerned about traffic from Black Friday shoppers. What time would be best for you?

That's a bit late for me.  would cut into the friday night drinking time.  pretty sure i can play during the day and i'm not anticipating the black friday stuff being too bad around game stores.

Red88 said:

I'll be there too.  hopefully we can get a 4th person as well

Awesome! 'm sure we can coax a local into a game.