Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
player2052423

Report from Roseville

24 posts in this topic

 OK,  the event that was scheduled was cancelled.  What was going to happen was not revealed.  The resources that were to be used did not arrive.  At least that was the impression that I got.  Instead, Caleb Grace had a Q&A with the eight or nine players that showed up.

Each of us did receive a playmat and deck box with LOTR LCG theme.  That was cool.

I got the feeling, and have no proof at all, that HON is due out very soon.

I will fill you in on our discussion with Caleb this week when I can use a key board rather my phone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Shame it didn't go to plan, maybe it's too ambitious with all the things round the corner.


I would love to get a playmat and deck box though…

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Moses2813 said:

Each of us did receive a playmat and deck box with LOTR LCG theme.  That was cool.

I will fill you in on our discussion with Caleb this week when I can use a key board rather my phone.

Show us a photo of the gifts too!babeo.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am really quite saddened by this. The idea of extra cards to mix in with existing quests was just too exciting! I hope they get a "real" release though, and not limited to just POD - I'd prefer my cards to feel right within the deck. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

spalanzani said:

I am really quite saddened by this. The idea of extra cards to mix in with existing quests was just too exciting! I hope they get a "real" release though, and not limited to just POD - I'd prefer my cards to feel right within the deck. 

agreed there gui%C3%B1o.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

karagh said:

Moses2813 said:

 

Each of us did receive a playmat and deck box with LOTR LCG theme.  That was cool.

I will fill you in on our discussion with Caleb this week when I can use a key board rather my phone.

 

 

Show us a photo of the gifts too!babeo.gif

Yes!! We want to see the playmat and the deckbox!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The playmat was the cover art from Khazad dum.  you can see it towards then end of the recorded video stream from sunday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Keggy said:

The playmat was the cover art from Khazad dum.  you can see it towards then end of the recorded video stream from sunday.

Where can I find that video ? Thanks !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can also see the card boxes and playmat if you friend Cardboard of the Rings on Facebook. They both have the box art from Khazad Dum and look really sweet!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

looks nice but has anyone got specs for the mat? comparing to the deck boxes it looks rather small

rich

PS- are these going on sale?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A pity the event was cancelled. I wonder whether it was because of the low attendance or other reasons.

I was really looking forward to this!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Basically all of Sunday was cancelled.  the kept the hall open for people to play with friends, but both the LOTR event and SW learning tournament were cancelled.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

John85 said:

But, as I said on BGG, did we really need a "Nightmare Mode" for Escape from Dol Guldur?

 

For solo players, probably not,

 

but Dol Guldur isn't challenging at all when you have 2 or more players. So for multiplayers it could be a welcome.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ellareth said:

John85 said:

 

But, as I said on BGG, did we really need a "Nightmare Mode" for Escape from Dol Guldur?

 

 

 

For solo players, probably not,

 

but Dol Guldur isn't challenging at all when you have 2 or more players. So for multiplayers it could be a welcome.

agree. I never lost with 2 players and with 3 players is too easy. Now sounds much more interesting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

John85 said:

But, as I said on BGG, did we really need a "Nightmare Mode" for Escape from Dol Guldur?

Yes, for multi-player games, anyway. I agree with the others. Solo is ridiculous, I know, but 2/3/4 player I can't remember the last time we lost on any of the core set quests, including Dol Guldur.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, this is what we were going to play in Minneapolis (Roseville).  My guess is that the cards did not arrive on time from the printers to have the event and thus it was cancelled.

I'm looking forward to seeing what they have in store for us with these new encounter cards before I pass judgement.  My only beef is that they will not be readily available to everyone until they are available POD.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0