Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hothie

My Worlds Report

32 posts in this topic

Great report and follow up conversation.

Hothie, you mention videos in your initial post.  Where can I watch these videos?

Also, looks like you only played one 7 TIE squad and that it was close, correct?  Do you happen to know how that squad faired overall in terms of win/loss record?

BTW, I'm tonythetoyman on Bloomilk and WOTC and SWMGamers… cool to see several folks from there are taking up the game here.

Hmmm… can't seem to get them to work for some reason.  Do you happen to have any stills (I'm especially curious to see how you set up at the beginning of the game)?  I'll try on another computer tomorrow at work in case that has something to do with why I can't see the vids. 

Unfortunately it looks like the videos are no longer there. The FFG channel no longer exists, either. It was apparently just a temporary thing.

Crud, sorry about that. I'll try to explain my opening maneuver:

I set up 3 Academy Pilots and Howlrunner in a square. Then I set up Vader on the left side facing the square, and Obsidian on the right side facing the square. (Got lots of strange looks when people saw me facing my ships inwards.)

A     A

V       H    A        O

Then move the AP's straight 4, next move the Obsidian 3 turn, then move howlrunner straight 4, then move vader 3 turn, so after the first maneuver, it look like this:

A     A

H     A

V      O

Going through asteroids is much easier 2-wide than it is 3-wide. Also the AP's are close enough to vader to get Swarm tactics, and everyone is within 1 of Howlrunner to get her ability and swarm tactics. It was quite effective, and apparently it worked against Imperials and the only rebel squad I faced.

Sorry you can't watch the videos. It must have been temporary.

I'm guessing they are gone for good. Purged to make room for new stuff. You may be able to dig for them on justin.tv site, but I'm betting they're gone.

Destroyed, by the Empire…:P