Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Teokrata

the Future of Warhammer Invasion LCG (important!)

65 posts in this topic

 Hi, I'm also supporting this request, especially when it comes to organization of European Championships and I hope THIS will have some impact on FFG.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Teokrata said:

unfortunately thats true, We cannot get the common language with FFG, so the next European Championships (2012) will be probably another fail side event…

there is a european championship 2012?

in case you are talking about the tournament held at stahleck on 18th nov, that is definately not to be considered a european championship event. that was never the idea, its just a possibility for AGOT players to stray a little bit. and of course local WHI players are welcome as well. its the same for COC (there HAS been a Euro at a different place!) and ANET. nothing more, nothing less.

i totally support the idea of having international organized play in europe. why not in poalnd, where the community is strong and ethusiastic? i daresay i had my part in why ffg was talking with polish players about having Euro there. but only in the beginning - i have no idea what went wrong and why things didnt evolve.

WHI Euro wasnt an option for stahleck this year, mostly for 2 reasons: AGOT became too big to have 2 events at the same time there. secondly: it wouldnt do justice to WHI to have WHI Euro besides AGOT. it would always look like a "side event".

i dont have the time and energy to organize a second event like for AGOT at caslte stahleck. and nobody else stepped in (for whatever reason). it was a first step in 2011, alas not continued in 2012. but i really hope it can be picked up in 2013, otherwise it will go downwards soon enough i fear.

thus, i also support teos agenda.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello everybody, i'm the spanish regional champion and i stay in the world's having a great time, playing cards and meeting such a good players from around the world, the shame was that we could not play more rounds, but maybe we did not have the time.

Congratulations to the new World champion ( he wins also Netrunner) and thanks to TL, i'm proud that you liked my deck, i spent several days testing diferent options via octgn, and in the last week i found my game, making some changes to stop Chaos,Bloodburn poison to kill Marauders, and including units with more HP to rest longer in play, also the Promenade of Malice can bring  powerful control game with a little luck.I include some cards to try to stop HE combo like Egathrond ( to destroy developments), and Frenzied witch Elf and Maranith, that can mill the eagles or the legend from the deck, but i did not meet any of the winning decks in my course. I lost my only game against the german champion, who plays a unespected chaos deck, with some atachments that enter the game for free via Northern forge, wich speeds his deck very much, and playing ancient map to search for the Beastman incursion quest,(such a good card) and also disturbs my game with spoils of war, i usually do not atack in the first turns and the early play of spoils change my kind of play.

And my best regards to Michal  who shared my  room (and the reading of Terry Pratchett's novels), and to the US guys, Steve, Leon, Adam, and … sorry i don't remember all their names, who make me feel very comfort.

I support Teokrata's thoughts, and we have seen that his predictions about the world championship's winning decks were right. I think the same by myself but don't want to play this kind of decks, is no good for the game itself and not very funny.

About to organice an European Championship of Warhammer Invasion i'm completely agree, but who will manage the event? This event can be great and to organice something like this must be a thought work, and need to be prepared in advance for some months, in my case i would need a long time to prepare a tryp to another country and many players will have the same problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Teokrata is right about everything. I am part of the Italian Community and I often referee at tournaments in Milan. In Italy, the biggest problem is access to the game by new players. I ask the FFG support this game because it's fantastic and in Europe there are many enthusiasts.

Vamos!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

.Crux. said:

 +1 vote for Teo and + 1 for the German community counter. :)

It is very nice to see how many players from Europe want to keep Invasion "alive"! I have some ideas about international tournaments in Europe, but it is too early to speak about that… by the way - where are players not from Poland, Germany, Italy or France? Where are players from USA? Jeremy?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Teokrata said:

.Crux. said:

 

 +1 vote for Teo and + 1 for the German community counter. :)

 

 

It is very nice to see how many players from Europe want to keep Invasion "alive"! I have some ideas about international tournaments in Europe, but it is too early to speak about that… by the way - where are players not from Poland, Germany, Italy or France? Where are players from USA? Jeremy?

+1 for more support in Canada .. My friends and I are really into the game, but we're a small playgroup (4 people) .. one of my local stores stopped carrying up to date battlepacks and had to special order them for me from their supplier.

on the bright side: The other store only carrys one or two packs and sells out immediately, so somebody must be playing besides us .. but w/ lack of organized play its hard to find these other people who play the game around here

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When I heard good opinions about rules for new LCGs - Netrunner & Star Wars I am sure that in FFG are people skilled and talented to form good and clear rules for card games. So… I have one more point to my manifest about the future of Warhammer Invasion!

5. revised rulebook (with FAQ) - FAQ 2.0 is probably comming with some important changes and rules explanation for the new Cycle. I think that Warhammer Invasion evolved from core set rulebook far enough to update it and create revised rulebook, including new FAQ. After 30 battlepacks and 3 deluxe expansions, some important rules are now in FAQ, others are still in rulebook, players must search both, what is extremly unfriendly for the new players. If we want more players, if we want new players, there should be also new edition of rulebook. ;-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Teokrata said:

 

5. revised rulebook (with FAQ) - FAQ 2.0 is probably comming with some important changes and rules explanation for the new Cycle. I think that Warhammer Invasion evolved from core set rulebook far enough to update it and create revised rulebook, including new FAQ. After 30 battlepacks and 3 deluxe expansions, some important rules are now in FAQ, others are still in rulebook, players must search both, what is extremly unfriendly for the new players. If we want more players, if we want new players, there should be also new edition of rulebook. ;-)

 

 

I have asked for this a few times, and have already basically written one.  They seem pretty committed to the current Rulebook and FAQ concept.  I think for now the community is stuck with just my Condensed Rulebook and FAQ

Going forward, Torsten and I have talked about taking the Rulebook, FAQ, and Deckbox Rules Summary and just combining them into one master document.  Without FFG's official stamp though, its debatable how much it would be used by the community.  I don't know if anyone even uses the current Condensed Rulebook (aside from me), and it contains nothing but copy/paste of FFGs rulebook and FAQ.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Entropy42 said:

 

 

I have asked for this a few times, and have already basically written one.  They seem pretty committed to the current Rulebook and FAQ concept.  I think for now the community is stuck with just my Condensed Rulebook and FAQ

Going forward, Torsten and I have talked about taking the Rulebook, FAQ, and Deckbox Rules Summary and just combining them into one master document.  Without FFG's official stamp though, its debatable how much it would be used by the community.  I don't know if anyone even uses the current Condensed Rulebook (aside from me), and it contains nothing but copy/paste of FFGs rulebook and FAQ.

 

 

for example Blood Bowl rules changes many times, FFG changes rulebook and rules for few games too, In my opinion it is part of the game's "living" aspect. For now FAQ is so big, that concept of rulebook + FAQ with some answers and errata don't work as good as for other games.

New, revised rulebook is a part of my new core set and/or starter decks idea for the beginners to make Invasion easier to begin with and more popular with more clear rules.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I also agree with you. I think the large barrier to entry scares off many potential players. It would cost about $800 retail to get x3 of every card. I would never have started playing this game if I hadn't gotten a great deal on some used cards. Creating a precontructed deck for each faction is a great idea. Reprinting many of the best "rares" from the early sets inside them would also help many experienced players. I feel having competitive, ready-to-play $15 decks would entice new players into trying Warhammer.

I would love to see a true European Championships approved by FFG. Getting 100+ participants for it would be phenomenal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Teokrata said:

New, revised rulebook is a part of my new core set and/or starter decks idea for the beginners to make Invasion easier to begin with and more popular with more clear rules.

The problem with Warhammer's rules is that they are pretty complicated (often for no good reason), and including everything in one giant rulebook with the core set would probably be too much for new players.  That said, once players get beyond the core set experience, there should be a better rules resource than the FAQ. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

there will be really big tournament in Poland: Assault on Wroclaw 27-28/april/2013. as I know it is the biggest international tournament in the world. the info will be given soon, but if u think about coming to Poland for playing WHI, it is the best place and time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well it's a sad that I wont have a chance to defend my vice-european champ title this year. I support what Teo says in his post. This game still has a big potential and big deluxe expansions would be really great,because meta would be more stable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tubbyfu said:

Teokrata said:

 

.Crux. said:

 

 +1 vote for Teo and + 1 for the German community counter. :)

 

 

It is very nice to see how many players from Europe want to keep Invasion "alive"! I have some ideas about international tournaments in Europe, but it is too early to speak about that… by the way - where are players not from Poland, Germany, Italy or France? Where are players from USA? Jeremy?

 

 

+1 for more support in Canada .. My friends and I are really into the game, but we're a small playgroup (4 people) .. one of my local stores stopped carrying up to date battlepacks and had to special order them for me from their supplier.

on the bright side: The other store only carrys one or two packs and sells out immediately, so somebody must be playing besides us .. but w/ lack of organized play its hard to find these other people who play the game around here

 

Why not order the organized playkits yourselves and do some OP that way ? If you email FFG they might set you up with a B2B account so you can do that. That is what I did for our area in Nova Scotia.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Toqtamish said:

our area in Nova Scotia.

Nova Scotia? Other Canadians? I thought we were the only ones out here in Calgary. PM sent!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

HappyDD said:

Toqtamish said:

 

our area in Nova Scotia.

 

 

Nova Scotia? Other Canadians? I thought we were the only ones out here in Calgary. PM sent!

Got it and accepted and replied to you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0